NHL 2014

tigerslionspistonshabs

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Washington Capitals

The Capitals win their division in each season since 2009-10; win the Conference title in 2010-11; and the Stanley Cup twice in a row in 2011-12 and 2012-13. Following the 2010-11 season, the primary logo is replaced by the Eagle on the home and road, with the Script logo going onto a new Blue Alternate, which is based on their original unis.

2010-11: 1st Southeast, 1st Eastern, 120 pts- Lost in Stanley Cup Final in 6 games against Vancouver

2011-12: 1st Southeast, 1st Eastern, 111 pts- Won Stanley Cup in 6 games against SJ

2012-13: 1st Southeast, 1st Eastern, 113 pts- Won Stanley Cup in 6 games against DET

2013-14: 1st Southeast, 3rd Eastern, 106 pts- Lost in 1st Round to Toronto

washington1.png

sig.png

Great job on the Washington set! Really good balance throughout the jerseys. Pretty traditional, but I think it works.

Really cool alternate as well. Very reminiscent of the early Capitals. I would love seeing something like this from Washington in the Winter Classic.

Only crit I can give would be to maybe add in some shoulder patches? Don't be afraid to come up with a logo of your own.

northstars.jpg

Tampa Bay Lightning

After squeaking into the playoffs as the 8th seed in 2010-11, the Lightning become a perennial contender under new GM Steve Yzerman. At the trade deadline of the 2011-12 season, Vincent Lecavalier is dealt to the Montreal Canadiens. Martin St. Louis becomes captains and remains with the team throughout, leading Steven Stamkos, Victor Hedman and the young Lightning to the conference semi-finals 3 years in a row, but losing all 3 times to the Washington Capitals, who would go on to win the cup 2 of those instances.

2010-11: 3rd Southeast, 8th Eastern, 95 pts- Lost in First Round to WASH

2011-12: 2nd Southeast, 4th Eastern, 101 pts- Lost in 2nd Round to WASH

2012-13: 2nd Southeast, 4th Eastern, 100 pts- Lost in 2nd Round to WASH

2013-14: 2nd Southeast, 4th Eastern, 105 pts- Lost in 2nd Round to WASH

tampabay1.png

sig.png

Personally I'm not really a fan of any of these. I think they've been stripped back too far and have lost any sense of uniqueness or creativity. They all seem a bit too 'safe' and I can't say I'm a fan of the 3rd logos making it onto the front of the jerseys in a couple of your concepts. To me, thats why they're 3rd logos because they look better as a small logo on the shoulder. Nothing to do with your concept, but I can't stand the Hurricanes' 3rd...it's just confusing and a mess. Anyway, keep going...you might hit the nail on the head with a team eventually.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I agree with Bayne. You should use the primary logo for Tampa Bay as the crest logo. That one you are currently using seems too small and makes the front of the uniform seem empty. Do you know what I mean?

-Punch9

Behold...

atlanta.png

C&C Please

I'm not a fan of that blue & that brown being together--it's a bit jarring.

the hurricanes have no buisness at all wearing lace ups

Only teams that actually had laced jerseys in the vintage era (pre 1980's) should be allowed to wear them now. Anyone else using them is just wrong.

I don't see why that should be a rule.

I don't like the vertical stripes & piping on a lot of the current unis.

If it were up to me no unis would have them, but for me to state that like it's a rule doesn't make sense.

So, you don't like laces on newer teams-okay that's fine if you think that, but don't state it like it's a rule, or should be a rule. Just state it as an opinion.

I think the lace up works on that uni...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Tampa Bay Lightning

After squeaking into the playoffs as the 8th seed in 2010-11, the Lightning become a perennial contender under new GM Steve Yzerman. At the trade deadline of the 2011-12 season, Vincent Lecavalier is dealt to the Montreal Canadiens. Martin St. Louis becomes captains and remains with the team throughout, leading Steven Stamkos, Victor Hedman and the young Lightning to the conference semi-finals 3 years in a row, but losing all 3 times to the Washington Capitals, who would go on to win the cup 2 of those instances.

tampabay1.png

While I like what you've done with the White and the Blue jersey, On the black jersey, the sleeve stripes are too close to the end. The blue stripe at the end gets covered up by the player's glove cuff more often than not. I've seen it live, I am a Lightning fan since 2002. Nice job on the diagonal "TAMPA BAY",btw. Good sizing and location. I also like that you have the same number font for all # jerseys. How about showing the back of the jersey the rest of each uni? My favorite one? The Blue.Sharp. I'll be posting a Lightning concept uniform set soon(Home, Road, and Alternate.)

Up next:

The Virginia Colonials.

During the 2010-11 season, the Florida Panthers suffer the worst season in franchise history, both on and off the ice. Finishing with 57 points and missing the playoffs for a 10th season in a row, the Panthers become the only team in NHL history to do so. The Panthers fan base dwindles and the team loses a massive amount of money. The owners have a deal in place with the city of Norfolk, Virginia- which, when coupled with Hampton Roads, Virginia Beach, Newport News and several other municipaltities, creates a metropolitan area of nearly 2 million, and quickly growing- to move the team there upon completely of a new 17,000 seat arena for the 2013-14 season. The area has supported the AHL's Admirals for a decade and has shown it's anticipation for the Panthers franchise ever since the initial rumors of the team's relocation.

For this one guys, I've only got home and away jerseys. I'm not a great logo designer, so if someone would like to take a shot at it, feel free.

VIRIGNIA1.png

Okay??

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Archived