• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New York Islanders

2010-11: 4th Atlantic, 12th Eastern, 79 pts- Did not qualify for playoffs

2011-12: 4th Atlantic, 11th Eastern, 81 pts- Did not qualify for playoffs

2012-13: 3rd Atlantic, 10th Eastern, 86 pts- Did not qualify for playoffs

2013-14: 3rd Atlantic, 7th Eastern, 95- Lost to New York Rangers in 1st Round

The Islanders slowly but surely rise up the Eastern Conference standings over the past 4 seasons. In October 2010, a brand new state-of-the-art arena is finally approved for construction in Queens, right next to Citi Field, opening for the 2012-13 season. Before the 2012-13 season, John Tavares is named captain and management makes several key free-agent signings, including Tomas Kaberle in 2011-12 and Cory Perry in 2012-13. The Isles would go on to break through to the playoffs in 2013-14, setting up a classic first round "Subway" match-up with the cross-town Rangers. The Islanders would bow out in 5 games, but would certainly continue their ascent.

I brought back an Orange alternate. I thought that the full-sleeve look they just had for a couple years worked fine, but would work best as an alternate.

nyi.png

sig.png

• 2 weeks later...

Virginia Admirals

NORFOLK.png

The Nashville Predators' attendance dwindles in the 2010-11 season and the team continues to lose a massive amount of money. The owners have a deal in place with the city of Norfolk, Virginia- which, when coupled with Hampton Roads, Virginia Beach, Newport News and several other municipaltities, creates a metropolitan area of nearly 2 million, and quickly growing- to move the team there upon completion of a new 17,000 seat arena for the 2013-14 season. The area has supported the AHL's Admirals for a decade and has shown it's anticipation for the Predators franchise ever since the initial rumors of the team's relocation. Fans choose the name Admirals, in a name-the-team voting process. Upon the teams arrival, the AHL Admirals are relocated.

The team is placed in the Eastern Conference's South East division, with Atlanta shifting to the Western Conference-Central Division, replacing Nashville.

The Admirals sell out every single home game in their first season. They face a rocky first season in the standings, finishing last in the South East division and 13th in the Conference, but with a slew of young talent and Captain Shea Weber solidifying his place as one of the game's best defencemen, the future is looking bright for the Admirals.

2013-14: 5th South East, 13th Eastern, 70 pts- Did not qualify for playoffs

(I previously had the Panthers relocating to Virginia. Scratch that.)

sig.png

New York Rangers

After missing the playoffs in 2010-11 for a second straight year, and again in 2011-12 for a third straight year, GM Glen Sather makes a number of bold moves to turn the Blueshirts back into a contender. Sather acquires Joe Thornton at the 2010-11 trade deadline, and resigns Jumbo Joe in the offseason. The next season, Wade Redden's massive contract is unloaded. Thornton, along with a healthy Marion Gaborik, Lundqvist in net and several solid role-players, the Rangers climb back into the playoffs as a 7th seed in 2012-13.

However, in the summer of 2013, Sather makes perhaps the biggest free-agency signing in recent history, managing to lure Evgeni Malkin to the Big Apple with a 10-year deal.

The Rangers claim the 2nd seed in 2013-14, and reach the Eastern Conference Finals, losing to the Montreal Canadiens in 6 games.

2010-11: 5th Atlantic, 13th Eastern, 79 pts- Did not qualify for playoffs

2011-12: 5th Atlantic, 13th Eastern, 81 pts- Did not qualify for playoffs

2012-13: 2nd Atlantic, 7th Eastern, 96 pts- Lost to Boston in 1st round

2013-14: 1st Atlantic, 2nd Eastern, 110 pts- Lost to Montreal Canadiens in ECF in 6 games

nyr.png

I put the shoulder yoke on the away, and created a Navy third with New York diagonally. I brought back Lady Liberty as just a shoulder logo. I was never crazy about it as a main crest.

sig.png

New York Rangers

After missing the playoffs in 2010-11 for a second straight year, and again in 2011-12 for a third straight year, GM Glen Sather makes a number of bold moves to turn the Blueshirts back into a contender. Sather acquires Joe Thornton at the 2010-11 trade deadline, and resigns Jumbo Joe in the offseason. The next season, Wade Redden's massive contract is unloaded. Thornton, along with a healthy Marion Gaborik, Lundqvist in net and several solid role-players, the Rangers climb back into the playoffs as a 7th seed in 2012-13.

However, in the summer of 2013, Sather makes perhaps the biggest free-agency signing in recent history, managing to lure Evgeni Malkin to the Big Apple with a 10-year deal.

The Rangers claim the 2nd seed in 2013-14, and reach the Eastern Conference Finals, losing to the Montreal Canadiens in 6 games.

2010-11: 5th Atlantic, 13th Eastern, 79 pts- Did not qualify for playoffs

2011-12: 5th Atlantic, 13th Eastern, 81 pts- Did not qualify for playoffs

2012-13: 2nd Atlantic, 7th Eastern, 96 pts- Lost to Boston in 1st round

2013-14: 1st Atlantic, 2nd Eastern, 110 pts- Lost to Montreal Canadiens in ECF in 6 games

nyr.png

I put the shoulder yoke on the away, and created a Navy third with New York diagonally. I brought back Lady Liberty as just a shoulder logo. I was never crazy about it as a main crest.

Good concepts, although I would like to see some concepts for a Montreal Canadians RBK Edge, including an alternative uniform. Keep it up, though.

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

Sorry if this is a dumb question - its my first time seeing this thread. Which logo was on the front of the T-Bay jersey before? The bolt with the state of florida behind it? If so, I'd be putting it back -- that logo is 14,514,278 times better then what they use currently - which, now that the buffaslug has been ditched, is probably the worst in the league.

Anyways...I like the tampa concept (logo aside), its much better then what they're using now. As for the others -- the caps current uniform is great, and quite unlikely to be going anywhere soon. I'm usually pretty strongly against overly moderny designs, especially in hockey, but I think the Caps are one of the few teams to have gotten it right. The thrashers definitely need more uniformity in their jerseys, and the one different-coloured arm thing is embarassingly bad....but I don't know about what you've done. I like brown and blue together, but something about these seems off. Maybe the gold? I don't know. The hurricanes should just go back to their original look. Yours are fine, but I'm among the few who like their current primary logo... Can't agree with your rangers update -- the yoke-less blue jersey is one of my favorites in the league. Not loving the admirals -- very minor-leagueish to me. Too many navy and yellow teams in sports these days. Wish I could've seen your maroon/black/white concepts....thats one of my favorite colour combos (if done right -- lotsa maroon, lotsa whitle, just a touch of black.) The sens stuff is great, a few tweaks to the 3rd aside. Are those arm stripes rounding, or just angled on the home and away? Seems like rounded would be wierd....just straight or angled would be best in my opinion. Thumbs up on both the islanders and bruins updates.

Thanks for the C&C guys. BigKwell, the Habs will be coming soon enough.

Darth,

- Yes, I had the Florida patch on the front of the jerseys, which I like much better than their "grade-school-design" primary, but the popular consensus was that the current primary is of better use on the front of a jersey, and as much as I hate to admit it, it filled the uniform better.

- Thrashers. Something seems off to me as well, but I think that the brown and blue could be very nice together, I just have to find the right balance. I'll tweak it.

- For the Admirals, I think any navy-inspired team should have navy and gold. I could maybe try a maroon/black/white again, but what are your thoughts on the template? I too hate modernized unis, but I felt that I had too many with 'traditional' templates, so I shot for something else here.

sig.png

• 3 weeks later...

Florida Panthers

In 2010-11, the 'double-blue' alternate is used frequently throughout the first half of the season, but with rumors of a white version of it coming next season- and ultimately the elimination of red- fans rally to express both their disdain of the new scheme, and their support of red as a primary color of the Panthers. The alternate is eliminated completely at the end of the season.

In 2011-12, the team releases new uniforms, essentially a cross between the aforementioned alternate and the team's original uniforms. Two seasons later, an alternate is released.

Although continuing to be at the bottom of the standings for the next few seasons, the Panthers become competitive in 2013-14, missing the playoffs by only 1 point. With a slew of young, up-and-coming talent, it appears as though Panthers fans finally have something to look forward to.

2010-11: 4th Southeast, 12th Eastern, 81 pts- Did not qualify for playoffs

2011-12: 5th Southeast, 14th Eastern, 77 pts- Did not qualify for playoffs

2012-13: 4th Southeast, 14th Eastern, 79 pts- Did not qualify for playoffs

2013-14: 4th Southeast, 10th Eastern, 85 pts- Did not qualify for playoffs

florida.jpg

A few changes. I think their original red uni was one the nicest in hockey. I took the shoulder yokes from it and took the rest of the template from their current alternate. I used the logo with the stick, for something different as well as just to give it more of a tie to hockey. I made the color of the Panther actually match the gold on the jersey.

sig.png

Ottawa Senators

The Sens are on the playoff bubble in each of the last 4 seasons, making it as a 7th seed in 2011-12 and winning the division 2013-14, but missing in 2010-11 and 2012-13, finishing in 9th place both times. The Sens managed to advance to the 2nd round in 2013-14, and showed Sens fans reason to be excited for a bright future. This season would be captain Daniel Alfredsson's last, retiring at age 41 after spending his entire career with the Sens.

2010-11: 3rd Northeast, 9th Eastern, 85 pts- Did not qualify for Playoffs

2011-12: 3rd Northeast, 7th Eastern, 94 pts- lost in 1st round in 5 games to PIT

2012-13: 5th Northeast, 9th Eastern, 82 pts- Did not qualify for Playoffs

2013-14: 3rd Northeast, 7th Eastern, 96 pts- lost in 2nd round in 6 games to MON

Before the start of the 2013-14 season, the Sens dump their new-age template for a rebirth of their original look

I've taken their original expansion look and updated it. I always liked that look for them, especially the black jersey. As for the crest, I've used the profile Senator. I think it's a phenomenal logo and should be used.

The alternate goes for a bit of their original (1917-31) barber-shop look without going overboard. The 'O' is a pretty solid logo and could make a nice third. Then again, anything is better than 'Sens'. C & C please guys.

ottawa.png

Okay, I seriously said "WOW those are incredible!" out loud when I saw this. The modernization of what I consider to be the best look in Senators' history is great work, I really love all of this. I think with the alternate i'd change the striping to white-black instead of red-black outlined in white, it would eliminate the akward thin white lines, and would really make it pop I think. Other than that, this is fantastic. Honestly the best Sens concept i've seen on here. Great job!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

A team in virginia?

By 2014, hopefully the Thrashers and Panthers are moved to Winnipeg and Quebec City, it's sad how poorly run both teams are. With the Salary Cap, those teams wouldn't have moved in the first place.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived