Nitro's Name That Logo! (04-18-04)

nitroseed

Actually perhaps you should have one clue for 8 hours, then add another clue every 8 hours. Or just stick to two clues because one is too tough.

That's not a bad idea, provided I'm here for an entire 24 hours. :) I may do that. Ah well... the contest is still new, so I'm hammering out the rough spots. We'll get it to be perfect soon enough!

Well, make it 12 hours or whenever you feel like it. It's your contest.

I saw, I came, I left.

It's not the current use thing nitro, it's the fact that in actuality, it was never used. Really, that's nothing, I just didn't figure you'd do that, so when I came across that logo, I looked at it for fun, but decided it wasn't worth looking for the clue on.

I can understand that. I thought it might make this one extra tricky, though. I have a solid black Jaguars jersey with the old logo on it that I was looking at in my closet this morning and it gave me the idea to use it.

Well... it IS a logo. Anything even WE put together IS a logo.

It just wasn't an active-on-the-field logo. But, technically, it was the team's logo, even if it didn't make it to the field. Like Nitro said, it appeared on a replica jersey!

Whether it shoudl count or not.. meh. Maybe, maybe not.

Oh, wait.. i forgot.. i quit this game, didn't I? So, i suppose my opinions on the matter are moot.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

It WAS the team's logo. The Jaguars unveiled it. The public saw it. The Jaguars produced merchandise that featured this logo. Then, due to threats of legal action, the Jaguars changed it.

We're logo enthusiasts guys. We should be open to nitro using any logos actually used by teams... no matter how briefly they were used. I could see if this thing had never seen the light of day, but I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of us are familiar with this mark.

The guy is administering a contest that most of us seem to be having fun with, so why bust his hump?

Brian in Boston

Agreed.

Chill pills available by the side entrance, on the card table.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I actualy have a T-shirt and blanket with that Jaguars leaping logo in my attic in a vaccum sealed bag.

I have a coffee mug with the original logo on it somewhere in my basement. I used to have a Riddell replica helmet but changed my mind and exchanged it after a week for a Panthers model. Idiot!

Archived