Nitro's Name That Logo! (04-18-04)

nitroseed

After yesterday's marathon NTL, which STL finally put to rest, I have decided to ban the NCAA from the party! But, I'm not going to go easy on you. For this one, the era has now expanded. Retro is in, baby! (Or is it...? ^_^)

League: NFL, CFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, AFL

Mark Type: Primary or Secondary

Era: 1980 - 2004

Deadline: April 20, 11:59pm EST

Color has been removed, as always.

And away we go! :D Good luck! Here is your first clue...

NTL-A-041804.gif

----

Scoreboard

Roger Clemente - 1

SyPhi - 1

STL Fanatic - 1

Everyone else - Nada!

I've officially determined this game is too hard for me.

I'm stupid. I can't see the forest while looking at a tree. I am inferior to you all.

I quit.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I've officially determined this game is too hard for me.

I'm stupid. I can't see the forest while looking at a tree. I am inferior to you all.

I quit.

Aww hey man I'm not too great at this either. I just look at what Nitro posts, then skip over to LogoServer and look for something similar and post it here. Not very efefctive. I too might just quit this game, as I don't know intricate details of enough logos to compete with the rest of you.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Mais, non! Ce n'est pas les Bombers. ^_^

And no one else has gotten it right either!

I feel bad, though. I mean, part of the benefit of this game is that it will help you increase your eye for detail when it comes to logos, but at the same time, I want it to be fun. Do you guys honestly feel this is too hard? I can try simplifying it a bit and give you all three at once from now on. How's that? I'll start with this one:

NTL-A-041804.gifNTL-B-041804.gifNTL-C-041804.gif

British Columbia Lions?

Calgary Stampeders?

Edmonton Eskimos?

Hamilton Tiger-Cats?

Montreal?

Ottawa?

Saskatchewan?

Winnipeg?

or is it

Arizona Cardinals?

Atlanta Falcons?

Baltimore?

Buffalo?

Carolina?

Chicago?

Cincinnati?

Cleveland?

Dallas?

Denver?

Detroit?

etc... etc...

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Yep, it is the original Jaguars logo from 1995!

NTL-041804-jaguars.gif

Congrats to Brian! Okay, that was too easy. I'm going to stick with the one clue format for good. Sorry if anyone finds it too hard! :) Just try harder, I suppose!

EDIT: As far as fairness, I never said it had to be a logo currently in use. ;)

Good god, I would have never gotten that.

Nice work by the guys who guess correctly.

It is just too hard for me.

ΓΔΒ!

Actually perhaps you should have one clue for 8 hours, then add another clue every 8 hours. Or just stick to two clues because one is too tough.

That's not a bad idea, provided I'm here for an entire 24 hours. :) I may do that. Ah well... the contest is still new, so I'm hammering out the rough spots. We'll get it to be perfect soon enough!

Archived