World Cup Redesign (Skiing, not Soccer)

skier14

Well, I am starting to do some more redesigns now.

I have never seen a skiing concept on these boards, so I am excited to hear some feedback on the concepts and the template. I will post the suit used last year along with the new one because I am assuming most people wouldn't recognize most of the World Cup suits, and I would still like some practice using my template.

I would really love feedback on the future concepts.

Thank You

RockiesSig.png

I don't think you should put sponsor logos on any of them. Nice work love the template.

Thank You. I wasn't planning on using sponsor logos on any of them. It just makes things cluttered. I understand the need for them on the actual suit, but it isn't really necessary for a template.

The Swiss usually use a black suit of some sort, the Americans should really use red, white, and blue.

The Swiss currently wear red white and blue, and before that it was blue and white. I just wanted to be clear that this isn't the concept. The concept is coming in a couple days. This is what the USA has worn for the last couple of years.

If the "USA" wasn't on there you wouldn't even know that it is a USA ski suit.

I agree. I am losing the black for my concept, and kind of modernizing an earlier suit that they had.

I would make your resdesign blue; black doesn't say USA at all

Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking with this suit.

RockiesSig.png

Okay. Here is the first Skiing concept that I have done, or even seen on the boards. What I did here was tried to mix in a couple of different elements of past U.S. suits while still incorporating some of the mondern elements of their current suit.

Here is the concept. I will start working on the next team once I get feedback and update this. If anybody has any requests for the next one I'll do it, if not, I will do Slovenia.

USARedesign.png

RockiesSig.png

You may keep in mind that the USA on the front won´t be visible because they wear numbers over their suit.

cheers

p

Yeah, I do know that the bibs would cover the front. I was bringing back the USA Chest idea from a suit that they wore in the mid-2000s. The current stars and ribs wouldn't really be seen much either.

Teams still do have designs on the front and back of the suits.

Thanks for everyone's feedback.

I think I may have a USA update later, and Germany. The german concept is just a few tweaks, because their suits are generally very similar and are quite simple. This is not one of my strongest concepts, so I will try to work on it a bit more before posting.

RockiesSig.png

I agree add some stars and it would be almost perfect. Also I think you could add a better font, the one you're using looks plain and boring.

You are certainly right about the font. Here is an updated version with a new, more complex font. I will think into the stars later, but I do think this one is improved since the previous.

USARedesign2.png

RockiesSig.png

I was bringing back the USA Chest idea from a suit that they wore in the mid-2000s. The current stars and ribs wouldn't really be seen much either.

Teams still do have designs on the front and back of the suits.

One small issue, don't ski racers were bibs over there suits with the numbers on? Doesn't that mean the top USA would be covered over?

Yes that is true. The USA wouldn't show during races. The USA on the chest though, is something that the United States has had on their suits in the past.

RockiesSig.png

I am still taking feedback and doing updates for the USA, but I thought I'd put Germany up.

Number 2: Germany

Germany has worn quite boring suits for a while. Only changing over the years by changing the top color between the three colors in their flag; the lower half of the suit has always been the same with that "zebra-stripe" design. I have never been a fan of that design at all, and although it is very recognizable as a Bogner suit (as the spider web is to Spyder), I think it is time for it to go.

I kept the simple and conservative style of suit that Germany and Bogner have often produced or worn. I ended up creating the bottom of the legs create the German flag, which is fairly unique in the sport (only Great Britain currently has that design, but they only have a handful of skiers), and added side-panels in order to try to loose the blandness of Germany's race-suits of the past several years.

Let me know your feedback; I do not like this nearly as much as the USA concept, and would love to improve it with your advice.

GermanyRedesign.png

RockiesSig.png

Not a skier but I like your template. These are definetly an upgrade

Thank you. I did assume that most people don't follow ski racing, which is one of the reasons that I included the current suits.

If anybody has any requests for the next one I'd certainly be willing to take it.

RockiesSig.png

Archived