Milwaukee Bucks Concept

illwauk

This is just a quick mock-up of an idea I got when I was watching clips of old Bucks games on youtube. I always thought getting rid of the Irish Rainbow template was the worst mistake the Bucks ever made having to do with their identity... even worse than the switch to purple. It was a visually distinctive look that, despite obvious roots in the 70s, doesn't look dated compared to so many similar designs from that era (Nuggets, Astros, etc). Basically, I took their current numbers and wordmarks (the best they've ever had, IMO) and put them on the Irish Rainbows. Although I'd rather the roads use the arched version of "Milwaukee" that's currently on their alts, I couldn't find a clean enough version to use.

Thoughts?

bucks_rainbow_new.png

Perfect. Those old Bucks' unis are amongst my favourites ever, mainly 'cause I used to have a bedspread with that exact same stripe pattern and colours. I'd love to see it make a comeback.

Thanks for the props, guys!

I hadn't tried different side panels on the roads because I just put the current marks on the templates they actually used in the late 70s and early 80s:

c3f89gehrb2jkm7lxwiooq0k5.gif

I may play around with it when I get home tonight, but I fear that changing the colors of the panels might kill the effect of the rainbow which was designed to make them stand out when they played on TV:

Thanks for the props, guys!

I hadn't tried different side panels on the roads because I just put the current marks on the templates they actually used in the late 70s and early 80s:

c3f89gehrb2jkm7lxwiooq0k5.gif

I may play around with it when I get home tonight, but I fear that changing the colors of the panels might kill the effect of the rainbow which was designed to make them stand out when they played on TV:

I don't think so. The quality in TV sets (or the camera in the arena itself) today is already perfect, I mean the jersey won't effect the TV quality.

Color TV might not be the technological revolution it was when those jerseys first came out, but back in the day these were the equivalent to SOD unis.

This is just a quick mock-up of an idea I got when I was watching clips of old Bucks games on youtube. I always thought getting rid of the Irish Rainbow template was the worst mistake the Bucks ever made having to do with their identity... even worse than the switch to purple. It was a visually distinctive look that, despite obvious roots in the 70s, doesn't look dated compared to so many similar designs from that era (Nuggets, Astros, etc). Basically, I took their current numbers and wordmarks (the best they've ever had, IMO) and put them on the Irish Rainbows. Although I'd rather the roads use the arched version of "Milwaukee" that's currently on their alts, I couldn't find a clean enough version to use.

Thoughts?

bucks_rainbow_new.png

Typically, mixing eras is a horrible idea and results in a mis match of different concepts forced onto a single template. That is not the case here. Everything here works really well together.

Since it looks like you're trying to keep all of the striping / trim consistent between uniforms, I'd lose the red waistband on the road uniform, and revise the striping at the bottom of the legs. Maybe change the dark green stripe on the white shorts to lime, or add lime as a third stripe and then jam a dark green one in between the lime and red on the dark green shorts.

EDIT: also, go with these wordmarks in these colors. They are far better than the other ones that were posted.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived