Kansas City Royals Concept

JurassicPrince

So, this is my first time posting a concept. It's nothing really special, I just thought it would be a cool concept, for Kansas City's primary logo. I used Gimp to transform it from the current Royals Primary. I'd like to know what you guys think :)

KCEditbyScottMeyer.gif

thats noot anything. its just a crown. you have less than ehat you started with. epic fail!

Wanting to be someone else is a waste of a person you are- Kurt Cobain

sig11.png

Tennessee Titans (0-0) next game Vs. Oakland Raiders (0-0)

thats noot anything. its just a crown. you have less than ehat you started with. epic fail!

Can we shoot the next person who types "epic fail"? Seriously.

A crown by itself is a good idea for a Royals alt logo, but it needs to be more iconic. It needs to be different enough to stand out from every other generic crown, and distinct enough to instantly say "Royals".

There's a beer (Budweiser maybe?) that uses an italicized three-pointed solid crown as an alt logo in some ads (I don't think it's on their label though). When I saw this, I immediately thought that the italicized crown shape would be a great alt logo for KC. Just think about it - put that little crown on the corner of every section marker in the stadium, on letter head, as website icons, everywhere. Eventually it could become synnonymous with the team, and you could just put it on ads around town without words. It'd be perfect - except that someone's already using it. You can make something similiarly effective though. Keep working, and don't let some stupid "epic fail" stop you from reaching your dreams.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well said.

The crown can work, just needs better (meaning, actually trying) execution.

And I think that there may be issues with a certain newb in this thread. Funny how you can always tell who will, dare I say, "epically fail".

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I designed a softball team logo that used a crown and mixed it with the yankees logo with the baseball bat going through the crown. If you want you could run with that idea if you want? Just play with different angles of the crown and see what works. Sure a front on view is the first thing you think of. Maybe try a 3/4 view next? Maybe try working on adding outlines in the teams colors? Just get used to working with tools.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

A crown by itself is a good idea for a Royals alt logo, but it needs to be more iconic. It needs to be different enough to stand out from every other generic crown, and distinct enough to instantly say "Royals".

There's a beer (Budweiser maybe?) that uses an italicized three-pointed solid crown as an alt logo in some ads (I don't think it's on their label though). When I saw this, I immediately thought that the italicized crown shape would be a great alt logo for KC. Just think about it - put that little crown on the corner of every section marker in the stadium, on letter head, as website icons, everywhere. Eventually it could become synnonymous with the team, and you could just put it on ads around town without words. It'd be perfect - except that someone's already using it. You can make something similiarly effective though. Keep working, and don't let some stupid "epic fail" stop you from reaching your dreams.

That's a death threat, better watch what you say.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

That's a death threat, better watch what you say.

oh come on, you know we don't use bullets around here anymore... we use wizards now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Actually as bad as our team is, the crown only is ok, just put "we suck" on it or just below it and there you have a NEW concept.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived