The Print Design Thread

Davidson

Hey Guys,

I had to dig out some poster design stuff I've done in the last year or so and thought I would stick them up on the design board in a thread so that others may be encouraged to do likewise. I spend an inordinate amount of time working in RGB producing on screen stuff, so I thought I would whack some good old fashioned CMYK up. Hopefully some of you guys have bits and pieces you've produced down the years that you could post in this thread? Any print work of any type would be great to see, from bill boards to business cards.

So I'll go first. Here are a few posters I have produced for my Mrs' music magazine in the last year. They aren't connected in any way and all relate to different events:

The fist was just for a club night they run in the east end of London.

L%26Q1.png

The second is a poster for the magazines 5th birthday relaunch party.

L%26Q2.png

And the third is for their upcoming stage at Londons Offset Festival.

L%26Q3.png

Nice idea for a thread. Hopefully it'll gain some more traction.

These are ads I did for different projects back in college. The first one was really more of a previous image composition project I then turned into a magazine ad of sorts:

composite-ad-1.png

This here was more of an informational image ad:

info-image-ad.png

This one was an advocacy ad I put together for that same class:

advocacyad.png

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm real proud of this one here...its an annual report for the Port Authority of Allegheny County. Though this was also a class project, it also wasn't for play-play, either...this thing almost got me a job with the PAAC (and probably would have had the company not been so broke). I gathered all the info, wrote/set all the copy, and shot all the images myself.

(NOTE: this thing is coming at you in spreads.)

annual-report-layout_Page_1.png

annual-report-layout_Page_2.png

annual-report-layout_Page_3.png

annual-report-layout_Page_4.png

annual-report-layout_Page_5.png

annual-report-layout_Page_6.png

The basis of this project was a culmination of all skills, processes, and applications learned up to that point, to include photo concepts, typography, layout design, four-color process, one "creative" graph, four pages of text and images, four pages of "fluff", preflight/packaging files, and prepress editing.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow, Buc, I love the Port Authority spreads. Beautiful. They make the company look like it has money to throw around... unfortunately it doesn't. :(

This is really the only thing I have to show for. We haven't done much poster design in my classes yet. This assignment required that we come up with two objects somehow linked semantically, and then find an organization, fictional or otherwise, that revolved around the connection between both objects. Traffic cone + thumbtack = an auto safety encouragement.

2zgx18p.jpg

OhioBobcatsSquareSig.pngPittSquareSig2.pngOregonStateVintageSquareSig.pngve26tk.png

Images thanks to TornadoGTS

Here is a small handful of some of (what I think are) my more entertaining pieces. Most of the work I do is single sided informational onesheets, posters of maps and charts, etc. Every so often I get a project that allows me to go outside the box, without getting yelled at for "ignoring corporate design guidelines".

From top to bottom:

- A poster to promote the "special edition" DU Jeep that a local car dealership made.

- Invitation/postcard for an event we hosted (front on top, back on bottom)

- Fliers to advertise our annual chili cookoff, which I rebranded to be Chili Bowl, due to its proximity to Super Bowl and the college bowls. This past year's, and this coming year's.

- A billboard on display in Wisconsin. Very plain in my opinion, but that's what they wanted.

DU-GraffJeepRaffle.jpg

GLRI-GLAROOpenHouse-1.jpg

ChiliBowlII_Flyer.jpg

ChiliBowl_2011.jpg

DucksUnlimited-3S78-Duckling.jpg

Archived