Giants/Jets logos at midfield of PSL stadium

nybatt

interesting tidbit in today's NY papers... many of the Giants players are nervous about the fake field at the new PSL stadium. it seems the non-contact knee blowout that ended domenik hixon's season on the first workout on the field has spooked the players (rightfully so in my opinion). Giants GM Jerry Reese is quoted as saying that the teams have decided NOT to go with their personal logos at midfield on their respective game days and will stay with the generic NFL shield.

Reese believes that the new panels, or trays, that would be switched out at midfield would not break in properly and cause issues when run across. so, there will be no giants helmet or jets logo on the fake field. the endzones will be switched out for each team's home games; the logic being that not as much action takes place on the un-broken-in endzone turf.

As unhappy as I am with the field not being REAL grass, now I will cringe every time a Giant makes a cut on the flubber.

nybatt.

I hate any and all fake grass. I understand with 2 teams playing on the field, it would be hard to keep the natural grass looking good. But the teams and league as a whole makes millions and millions of dollars a year,so I don't see why they can't pay to keep it up.

columbusdestroyersrf6.png

osuzd9.png

It's not so much whether the grass looks good, as much as if it's playable. Sure natural grass looks good, but even one team on a field can tear it up, so two teams on the field and even college games, that field is not only going to look terrible, but will be in horrible playing condition by halfway because you have twice as much wear on it than one team.

Also, if players are spooked by a player getting an injury, deal with it. More than likely that injury was going to happen on new turf, old turf, or natural grass. When you blow out a knee on an innocent play without contact, it was ruined long before the injury happened. The body doesn't just one day decide to snap, it takes years and years of battering to get it to the point where it breaks down. Some break down more gradually and can endure a full career without injury, and other break down slowly and show no signs of deterioration but it gets to a point where it's weak enough to snap. I'll bet this was a long time injury that doctors and trainers just shrugged at because it didn't look bad, but in all reality it was years of wear and tear and then it gave out on that play.

It's not so much whether the grass looks good, as much as if it's playable. Sure natural grass looks good, but even one team on a field can tear it up, so two teams on the field and even college games, that field is not only going to look terrible, but will be in horrible playing condition by halfway because you have twice as much wear on it than one team.

Also, if players are spooked by a player getting an injury, deal with it. More than likely that injury was going to happen on new turf, old turf, or natural grass. When you blow out a knee on an innocent play without contact, it was ruined long before the injury happened. The body doesn't just one day decide to snap, it takes years and years of battering to get it to the point where it breaks down. Some break down more gradually and can endure a full career without injury, and other break down slowly and show no signs of deterioration but it gets to a point where it's weak enough to snap. I'll bet this was a long time injury that doctors and trainers just shrugged at because it didn't look bad, but in all reality it was years of wear and tear and then it gave out on that play.

How much of a difference will it really make? If the stadium authority already was ready to have a cut-out for the separate team's logos, will it make a real difference if the change is never made?

More than likely that injury was going to happen on new turf, old turf, or natural grass. When you blow out a knee on an innocent play without contact, it was ruined long before the injury happened. The body doesn't just one day decide to snap, it takes years and years of battering to get it to the point where it breaks down.

You obviously don't know jack :censored: about knee injuries.

nav-logo.png

More than likely that injury was going to happen on new turf, old turf, or natural grass. When you blow out a knee on an innocent play without contact, it was ruined long before the injury happened. The body doesn't just one day decide to snap, it takes years and years of battering to get it to the point where it breaks down.

I was just about to write the same thing, albeit less blunt ^_^

I was just about to write the same thing, albeit less blunt ^_^

Ditto.

I would wager that Wendell Davis would probably agree with you Mac.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived