4-caster Frank's Weekly NFL Preview

NJTank

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another mediocre week last week

Week 6

Comments?

Your "NFL Preview" comments on the 49ers.

"Once labeled a bust, Quarterback Alex Smith made big strides last season after regaining the starting job in San Francisco. With the Cardinals slipping and the Seahawks starting from scratch, the path to the division title is clear for the 49ers. The formula remains simple, allow RB Frank Gore to carry the offense, while Patrick Willis with the leadership of Coach Mike Singletarry continues to guide the 49ers solid young defense. What will also help the 49ers is back up QB David Carr, who will be a good go to quarterback is Smith falters."

Week 6:

"This is it. This will be the last time I pick the 49ers to win if they lose again this Sunday. At 0-5 their playoff hopes are all but dead, their QB Alex Smith is hopeless and Mike Singletarry may be the first NFL coach to go postal. However, at home in the battle of the bay their defense should be good enough to carry the day. The Raiders are a team with a number of flaws themselves, and the 49ers just have too much talent to be 0-6"

Was there a week in which you did tell us (or know) that SF had two starters on their OL which were rookies? I cannot tell now.

Plus, are the Jets still 7-9 and Eagles still 5-11?

Week 6

Comments?

"Once labeled a bust, Quarterback Alex Smith made big strides last season after regaining the starting job in San Francisco. With the Cardinals slipping and the Seahawks starting from scratch, the path to the division title is clear for the 49ers. The formula remains simple, allow RB Frank Gore to carry the offense, while Patrick Willis with the leadership of Coach Mike Singletarry continues to guide the 49ers solid young defense. What will also help the 49ers is back up QB David Carr, who will be a good go to quarterback is Smith falters."

Week 6:

"This is it. This will be the last time I pick the 49ers to win if they lose again this Sunday. At 0-5 their playoff hopes are all but dead, their QB Alex Smith is hopeless and Mike Singletarry may be the first NFL coach to go postal. However, at home in the battle of the bay their defense should be good enough to carry the day. The Raiders are a team with a number of flaws themselves, and the 49ers just have too much talent to be 0-6"

Was there a week in which you did tell us (or know) that SF had two starters on their OL which were rookies? I cannot tell now.

The Eagles may go 5-11 and the Jets may go 7-9 its not likely but it can happen. I take a chance with my picks sometimes I right sometimes Im wrong. Judge me only when the season is done. Oh btw check out my MLB Preview and my preseason WS pick.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Week 6

Comments?

Week 6:

The Eagles may go 5-11 and the Jets may go 7-9 its not likely but it can happen. I take a chance with my picks sometimes I right sometimes Im wrong. Judge me only when the season is done. Oh btw check out my MLB Preview and my preseason WS pick.

So my question is on what basis/information do you make your picks?

Football Outsiders used data to proclaim them as a 8 win team this year, but what do you use since you rarely give stats or names of players for your records or stats to give us "winners"?.

You have said that you do not edit your posts on your site, so why should the non-CCSLC users take your stuff seriously?

You gave us NHL picks on that thread, but will those change too?

I will say this: I do agree with the Browns starting a rookie QB against THE FREAKING STEELERS being an 100% ill-fated move. Then again, it's either McCoy or Jake "Master of The INT" Delhomme. Poor Browns.

I will say this: I do agree with the Browns starting a rookie QB against THE FREAKING STEELERS being an 100% ill-fated move. Then again, it's either McCoy or Jake "Master of The INT" Delhomme. Poor Browns.

Fine Delhomme loses he loses.

McCoy can get beat up and he could suffer a big blow to his confidence. Rookies need to b e put in positions they can succeed, and sure he should face the Steelers eventually, but not for his first game and not on the road.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Fine Delhomme loses he loses.

McCoy can get beat up and he could suffer a big blow to his confidence. Rookies need to b e put in positions they can succeed, and sure he should face the Steelers eventually, but not for his first game and not on the road.

If a QB is a "big boy" then it does not matter who he will start against. If he can play in the NFL, then he can play in the NFL. Tank...please! You need to quit on the confidence opinion. He is good or he is not good. Ask former Brown, Tim Couch.

Week 6

Comments?

Week 6:

So my question is on what basis/information do you make your picks?

Football Outsiders used data to proclaim them as a 8 win team this year, but what do you use since you rarely give stats or names of players for your records or stats to give us "winners"?.

You have said that you do not edit your posts on your site, so why should the non-CCSLC users take your stuff seriously?

You gave us NHL picks on that thread, but will those change too?

Why do you and Cujo get so worked up over tNak's picks? They're just guesses, let him have his fun. I like his picks...especially when they suck. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Poor Arizona has to do a split squad against Tampa Bay and Seattle.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I hope you're right about the Saints but I just don't see them winning and here's why: they're missing their starting corners (Greer & Porter). Greer may play but won't be 100%. Their absence hasn't been critical what with facing Max Hall and Colt McCoy; the Saints beat themselves with mistakes and turnovers in those games. I fear Big Ben will shred them this week, though in fairness I thought the same thing last year when New England came to town and the Saints befuddled Brady with a makeshift secondary literally cobbled together that week with guys off the street.

If the Saints stay close, they have a chance. If they play like they did against Cleveland, this could be their worst primetime embarrassment since the 41-10 beatdown by the Colts on opening night 2007.

BTW, if you haven't watched the Saints-Browns highlights on nfl.com, it's worth it just to see Cleveland's fake punt. When I heard it on the radio, I thought they'd snapped it to the up back. No, it was the punter, and the D parted like the Red Sea. It's really quite amazing to watch, and then the guy just motors down the field and you'd think he was radioactive the way nobody comes close to him. Officially it was a 68-yard run but that's from the line of scrimmage. He ran 80 yards through the Saints before Malcolm Jenkins ran him down. :angered:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Here we go for Week 7

http://sportsecyclopedia.com/tank/nfl2010/nflpicks7.html

Comments and your picks?

I think you know this since you are a MIA fan. The Dolphins are 5-0 Against The Spread (ATS) in their last 5 road games. They are 14-4 ATS in their last 18 games as a road underdog.

The most important stat is 3-0 on the road this year, no spread needed.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

I get it. You don't like Dallas-area teams.

No, not necessarily, he's picked us before, and frequently, it's just right now, we suck. Plus with Romo out 6-8 weeks, our season is looking very bleak. God-d :censored: m. this season had soo much potential. But we'll win it next year in Indy.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived