2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

The Blue Jackets took 3 out of 4 points from Detroit. That's pretty good right?

For real though, it was nice to see some fight from the CBJ. They got up 2-0 for the 3rd straight game, squandered that lead by the end of the first period. They scored the go-ahead on a Matt Calvert breakaway, but squandered that lead within the next minute. They then gave up a fourth goal shortly after. The Jackets tied it at 4 on a power play early in the third. Then Mason gave up a fifth goal due mostly to bad positioning with about 8 minutes left. So at that point you go into Jackets fan mode where you expect to lose in regulation, but with the goalie pulled Rick Nash fed a puck through like 7 guys and into the upper left corner. It was cool.

OT was not cool. The Blue Jackets' breakout sucks and above that they can never seem to chip the puck out at the right time. I don't know how many goals have come off of a second forecheck from the opposition from a failed clearing attempt. Also if I have to hear Jeff Rimer say "Jackets get it high, but not out" one more time I'm gonna break something.

They couldn't clear the puck and Franzen capitalized with the game winner. Lame, but they looked like a decent NHL team and not like the bunch of idiots that's been posing as a hockey team for the last 5 weeks.

I agree with just about everything you've said here. Especially about having to hear Jeff Rimmer say "Jackets get it high, but not out." Will we be both be breaking something tomorrow night? :P

6fQjS3M.png

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went out to a Cage aux Sports to see tonight's hockey game, Habs vs Flames. 4-zip after one. 4-2 after two. I decided to leave after the second because I arrived early and I wasn't into that particular game that much. After arriving home, the next thing I find out is that they almost blew everything as the Flames found a way to force OT. Thankfully, the Habs won the game 5-4.

I did not get to see their regulation fallout.

I went out to a Cage aux Sports to see tonight's hockey game, Habs vs Flames. 4-zip after one. 4-2 after two. I decided to leave after the second because I arrived early and I wasn't into that particular game that much. After arriving home, the next thing I find out is that they almost blew everything as the Flames found a way to force OT. Thankfully, the Habs won the game 5-4.

You sound like a terrible sports fan.

You sound like a terrible sports fan.

So why are you saying that???

Kinda bummed that I'm going to miss one of the few live telecasts of the CBJ here in C-Town but I'd rather watch Monsters live. I've got a good feeling about this road trip.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

You left a game in which your team was actually winning?

Alot of people were doing that. I should of went on the weekend, it's better and people stay through the whole game. Less rushes.

I was at the Kings-Toronto game last Monday night and stayed until the end. Why would you leave a game your team is winning? I'm sorry, traffic in Montreal can not be worse than LA! Just plain horrible!!! When I hear someone say that they have to leave to beat the traffic, you want to just turn to them and say, "Why don't you just stay home and let someone else who is a real fan come to the game?"

Alot of people were doing that. I should of went on the weekend, it's better and people stay through the whole game. Less rushes.

I was at the Kings-Toronto game last Monday night and stayed until the end. Why would you leave a game your team is winning? I'm sorry, traffic in Montreal can not be worse than LA! Just plain horrible!!! When I hear someone say that they have to leave to beat the traffic, you want to just turn to them and say, "Why don't you just stay home and let someone else who is a real fan come to the game?"

Wait a minute. You guys got it all wrong. It wasn't a live game, it was a half-empty sports pub.

Everybody was leaving. I would have stayed but I didn't want dirty looks for staying the whole game and not ordering a bunch of crap. I went for one meal, that's it.

I'm sorry to burst everybody's bubble, but I'm not that bad of a person. Leaving a live hockey game? Why the :censored: would I do that???

Glad to see we keep the point streak going. Garon had a great save during the shootout. I can't figure out how he did it!

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Jonas Hiller continues to be the Ducks' MVP night after night. 39 saves tonight in regulation and OT. 2 saves and a post in the shootout as the Ducks took down Ottawa 2-1.

Hiller's save percentage is slightly second than everyone's current Vezina favorite, Tim Thomas. Hiller has a higher GAA and less shutouts, but Hiller has also faced the most shots in the NHL and has more wins than Thomas. You could also argue that Thomas and the Bruins have a better defense than Hiller and the Ducks. And you could argue that the Bruins are better than the Ducks based on overall record among other things.

The Vezina is clearly a two man race between Thomas and Hiller. And I'd definitely give Hiller some Hart consideration as well.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Jonas Hiller continues to be the Ducks' MVP night after night. 39 saves tonight in regulation and OT. 2 saves and a post in the shootout as the Ducks took down Ottawa 2-1.

Hiller's save percentage is slightly second than everyone's current Vezina favorite, Tim Thomas. Hiller has a higher GAA and less shutouts, but Hiller has also faced the most shots in the NHL and has more wins than Thomas. You could also argue that Thomas and the Bruins have a better defense than Hiller and the Ducks. And you could argue that the Bruins are better than the Ducks based on overall record among other things.

The Vezina is clearly a two man race between Thomas and Hiller. And I'd definitely give Hiller some Hart consideration as well.

Amen.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Hiller's sv% is like 20 thousandths below Thomas's.

I should have mentioned that the difference between the two is shrinking everyday. Poorly worded on my part.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Hiller's sv% is like 20 thousandths below Thomas's.

I should have mentioned that the difference between the two is shrinking everyday. Poorly worded on my part.

True, but Hiller is still amazing me this season. At the beginning of the season, he was the only thing keeping them in games. Defense was brutal early on. But, now everyone's clicking and the Ducks are looking better and better each day. Plus, they've been missing Getz for the past two weeks or so. I'm liking what I'm seeing from the boys.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Wait a minute. You guys got it all wrong. It wasn't a live game, it was a half-empty sports pub.

Everybody was leaving. I would have stayed but I didn't want dirty looks for staying the whole game and not ordering a bunch of crap. I went for one meal, that's it.

I'm sorry to burst everybody's bubble, but I'm not that bad of a person. Leaving a live hockey game? Why the :censored: would I do that???

Oh I misunderstood I thought you left a live game.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived