New Style Bracket

the_cynic

I don't know if anyone really cares about this but I found it interesting that NBA.com and ABC would change the sytle of the bracket. I think it's pretty cool, it kind of reminds me of a karate tournament bracket.

nba_playoff_bracket.jpg

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Re-seed?

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Cool layout. The brackets also create "rings" so to speak for each level of advancement. I also think it's interesting that if some major comebacks are waged, it is possible to have an All-ABA final four.

Maybe someone could give me a lesson on "Re-seeding 101". Is this an NHL thing that they do?

Retired Number's To Come

Maybe someone could give me a lesson on "Re-seeding 101".  Is this an NHL thing that they do?

Yes. At the conclusion of the first round, the deck is shuffled so that the highest remaining seed in each conferences plays the lowest.

Maybe someone could give me a lesson on "Re-seeding 101". Is this an NHL thing that they do?

The teams get re-ranked, sort of, after each round...

Therefore if #1, #3, #5, and #7 wins it'll be 1 vs 7, and 3 vs 5... whereas if that happened in the NBA it'd be 1 vs 5, 3 vs 7.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The NHL re-seeds the teams after each round, so the lowest reminaing seed plays the highest one. Had the Bruins advanced against Montreal, as seed #2 they would have played #3 Philadelphia, and #1 Tampa would have played #4 Toronto/#5 Ottawa. But since #7 Montreal advanced, #1 played #7, and #3 played #4.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I get it now. Thanks guys! Once I think about it I kind of like the NHL way better than the NBA. It really makes a lot more sense.

Retired Number's To Come

I get it now.  Thanks guys!  Once I think about it I kind of like the NHL way better than the NBA.  It really makes a lot more sense.

if they did it that way in the NBA then Stern could basically gaurentee a good finals and he wouldn't have to go through the messy process of setting up these conspiracys people always talk about.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

I get it now. Thanks guys! Once I think about it I kind of like the NHL way better than the NBA. It really makes a lot more sense.

if they did it that way in the NBA then Stern could basically gaurentee a good finals and he wouldn't have to go through the messy process of setting up these conspiracys people always talk about.

Like what conspiracy's?

Retired Number's To Come

Did some of you end of creating some brackets that look like this one?

Retired Number's To Come

i dont like re-seeding. to me a strict bracket is more convienient for the fans. i always hated it in the NFL esp. perhaps its not as bad in the NHL where you can usually just throw out seeds to begin with. think about it, if we could have NFL playoff office pools. how awesome would that be.

by the way, whatever became of the plan to go to 7 teams per conference in the NFL

Azzuri.gif

I like this bracket - I know that EZstreet is the 'bracketman', I hope he looks at this style. I really like it!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived