Calgary Flames mixed era concept

uniformity

The idea here was to add black to the Flames' uniform yet keep the striping fairly traditional looking. I think it sucks much less than the flames.

flamey1.png

this is with the black c logo retained.

flamey2.png

this is a throwback concept based on the Stampeders' uniform from the late fifties. I kept black pants to make it look less like pajamas. It's not as horrid looking as their Heritage classic Ronald Mcdonald suits.

flamey3.png

I wanted to emphasize the Flames' original colour scheme and traditional stripe pattern. The black armpits are there for a reason. They tie in the pants with the rest of the uniform and break up that washed out red and gold colour scheme.

You can't add black to the Flames traditional stripe pattern very easily. If you add black stripes it no longer looks like the Flames and I think it just looks odd. Without black however the flames uniform looks too washed out.

For me, the real value in adding black to the Flames' colour scheme is in providing contrast between the red and yellow, and between the yellow and white. But at no point in this concept is black used to do that; it feels like it has just sort of been slapped on wherever. I think, if you put a little more thought into it and use the black in between red and yellow or yellow and white areas, it will be much more effective.

For me, the real value in adding black to the Flames' colour scheme is in providing contrast between the red and yellow, and between the yellow and white. But at no point in this concept is black used to do that; it feels like it has just sort of been slapped on wherever. I think, if you put a little more thought into it and use the black in between red and yellow or yellow and white areas, it will be much more effective.

Actually, I have put a lot of thought into this and nothing was just slapped together. Pardon me for saying this, but I don't think you get it. What you're expecting to see was not what I was trying to achieve.

I don't want to put black in between the red and yellow. That's the whole point of this concept. If I do that it no longer looks like the Flames. I want a traditional three colour stripe pattern. The black is only there to break up the pajama look.

Archived