NFL Top 100 Players

wdm1219inpenna

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beyond a lot of players being ranked awkwardly, Manning ahead of Brady who're ahead of both Elway and Marino... Jerry Rice ahead of Jim Brown... as well as virtually all of the "dynasty teams" making up most of the Top 100. I also can't take a list like this seriously when you have 19 out of the 100 being quarterbacks, and some of them being slightly above average ones at best.

It's sad, since they did such a better job on America's Game, and this effort seemed half-assed.

I don't think jerry Rice should be #1.

I think Peyton Manning, Jim Brown, Or unitas #1.

I Strongly Disagreed with Jerry Rice.

Were you even alive when Jerry Rice played?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• 3 weeks later...

No, but i know he was'nt as good as lot of others.

Do You think he should be #1?

I've seen re-runs of him....I'm not saying he was'nt good,

he was great, but he was NOT as good a lot.

Red Grange is another who i think could be #1.

Dale%20Gribble.pnghank_hill.pngBoomhauer-icon.pngphoto-thumb-1746.jpg

Jeffrey's worthless horse.

So how old are you?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So how old are you?

Never saw him play meanwhile Rice's final season was in 2004. Yet can talk about Manning all day.

I'd give the list about a C-.

I thought they put way too much weight on SB wins and overall team success rather then individual success, but I think that's it goes for the most part with the NFL. Guys like Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw and Troy Aikman will typically be on every list like this, meanwhile Y.A. Tittle and Sonny Jurgensen will not be found. I've stopped complaining about it and have just come to accept it.

The one thing I will say is that Fran Tarkenton held every major passing record when he retired, led three teams to a Super Bowl, is argubly the greatest mobile QB of all-time, and he's 90?

A few guys like Sayers get by more on rep. then what they actually did on the field. I get he was great when he played, but if I can take someone like Williams Andrews who most people have never heard of and match their stats up pretty evenly, I got a hard time beliving he was 22nd greatest player of all-time.

Glad they at least showed Sammy Baugh and Don Hutson some love. I don't have a major issue with Rice being number one, just like I wouldn't have an issue with Jim Brown being number one. I think both of those guys were just so dominant at their position its merely just a matter of preference for who was better. I am glad however they didn't put Emmitt Smith or Barry Sanders above Brown. I'm starting to hear that more and more and while Smith and Sanders are all-time no running back can even hold a candle to what Jim Brown did.

Archived