Villanova Wildcats

TalktoChuck

Previous Teams:

Buffs.gif

Villanova Wildcats

With all the speculation about the Big East expanding, Villanova is one of the names flying around. So i figured, why not give them a fresh look for the posible jump. The first thing I think of when I hear about Villanova is their two tone V logo and for this concept, I wanted to tie in the tone tone V into the jersey numbers (like the old Memphis Grizzlies jerseys). It seems like such a no-brainer, and it gives the Wildcats a unique jersey in college football. As far as the uniforms, thanks to the idea from Brave-Bird, I decided to implement the double stripes from the school's basketball uniforms.

Villanova3.gif

Villanova4.gif

jNTsTyQ.png

Gawwwwgeous, I love it. I just don't like the thin black stroke around the numbers though.

It's actually the darker blue that is the outer most outlie on the V logo. I'm still on the fence about keeping it though.

From what I remember, these aren't much different from what Villanova's football team already wears. Those numbers are proprietary to the school, and I think all the sports use them.

This is what they currently wear. While similar, they do't use the two tone numbers. The basketball team used to wear the two tone numbers but I think they went away from them recently. I don't know why either team doesn't currently wear them.

doc4b08bb7715ee4452985829.jpg

jNTsTyQ.png

Gawwwwgeous, I love it. I just don't like the thin black stroke around the numbers though.

It's actually the darker blue that is the outer most outlie on the V logo. I'm still on the fence about keeping it though.

Oh I see. I would probably drop it form both, I think the white would give it a crisper and cleaner edge.

From what I recall, several years ago the NCAA instituted some kind of crazy rule that effectively prohibited Villanova (and Colorado, for that matter) from using the inner stroke on their numbers. Such a shame, because I really liked that element for both Colorado and Villanova.

All that said, what you have here is very basic, but it works. I've long thought (and said) that unique typography can go a long way towards instantly recognizing a uniform when you see it. Such is the case with the concept up above...even as basic as the rest of that uniform is, all one would need to see is the split numbers to know at a glance that this is Villanova.

Concept works for me...I'll take it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

From what I recall, several years ago the NCAA instituted some kind of crazy rule that effectively prohibited Villanova (and Colorado, for that matter) from using the inner stroke on their numbers. Such a shame, because I really liked that element for both Colorado and Villanova.

All that said, what you have here is very basic, but it works. I've long thought (and said) that unique typography can go a long way towards instantly recognizing a uniform when you see it. Such is the case with the concept up above...even as basic as the rest of that uniform is, all one would need to see is the split numbers to know at a glance that this is Villanova.

The NCAA did outlaw split numbers, supposedly due to "visibility problems" or some crap like that.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

The NCAA did outlaw split numbers, supposedly due to "visibility problems" or some crap like that.

Yeah that's the "reason". Totally killed Gonzaga's basketball jerseys too. The Buffs jerseys they had like that were nice too.

On the concept, this is really nice and something that I could definitely see 'Nova doing.

6fQjS3M.png

Edited above

-Took Brave-Bird's idea about implementing the stripes from the basketball uniforms. Not only does it tie the two programs together but it also give the uniform a little more life. Thanks for the idea Brave-Bird.

Even though the NCAA outlawed the split numbers, I am going to keep them for this concept because as Buc said it would make Villanova easily recognizable.

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived