Best Bowl Logo?

devilray2k1

On 12/13/2010 at 10:11 AM, devilray2k1 said:

my vote:

That's not bad...they should be able to get a sponsor to ruin it next year though.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Texas Bowl replaced the EV1.NET bowl in 2006 and has yet to land a sponsor since.. but not from lack of trying! :D

The EV1.NET bowl was basically going bankrupt and a subsidiary of the Houston Texans, Lone Star Sports & Entertainment, took over the event. Before the EVE1.net bowl, there as the Houston Bowl, later to be named the GalleryFurniture.com Bowl, that was played in the Astrodome. I don't think the two bowl games are related.

I produced and edited the Texas Bowl preview show on FSN the past four years, but we are not doing a show this year.

The Texas Bowl replaced the EV1.NET bowl in 2006 and has yet to land a sponsor since.. but not from lack of trying! :D

The EV1.NET bowl was basically going bankrupt and a subsidiary of the Houston Texans, Lone Star Sports & Entertainment, took over the event. Before the EVE1.net bowl, there as the Houston Bowl, later to be named the GalleryFurniture.com Bowl, that was played in the Astrodome. I don't think the two bowl games are related.

I produced and edited the Texas Bowl preview show on FSN the past four years, but we are not doing a show this year.

You're right about the 2 games not being related. The only thing they have in common is location. The bowl that started as the galleryfurniture.com bowl in the astrodome and eventually became the EV1.net Houston Bowl went out of business and and different orginization came in a few months later to start the Texas Bowl.

Yeah, the Rose Bowl logo is in a class all by itself, but there are a few others that I like and the Texas Bowl logo is one of them. I also like:

Emerald Bowl

220px-EmeraldBowl.png

As a whole, this logo is okay, but the smiling orange has always been one of my favorites:

orange-bowl-football-logo-1.png

Same thing with the Cotton Bowl. It's okay as a shield with text, etc.. but the Cotton is great:

cotton_bowl_logo.png

Archived