New York Rangers

puckcool22

As mentioned before, New Jersey sued New York in the 1990s, claiming a portion of Ellis Island as its territory. The Supreme Court agreed, ruling that New York would hold title to the original island, and New Jersey could claim all of the island built up with landfill. This means that New Jersey owns most of the island, since it has been enlarged significantly, but that New York owns the revenue-producing section (that with the museum and tourist center). So Jersey got little but prestige out of the deal.

The statue of Liberty is in fact on New York land, although it is closer to NJ. I'm not aware of any lawsuits filed by New Jersey to claim any part of Bedloe's Island or the Statue of Liberty. There's been some talk, but Lady Liberty remains a New Yorker.

I know many of us thought of or made a mix of a current Rangers home and away with the use of the alternate logos or typefaces. Personally I would like to see the current Rangers jerseys modernized a little, with like others said, use throwbacks against the original six.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I always felt, because both identites are executed nicely but contradict each other, that a medium could be met. Ironically today, I'm am presenting yet another Clemente classic: (copy and paste)

http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx...s/Rangers-1.gif

http://www.geocities.com/rogerclemente_isx...s/Rangers-2.gif

These could either be just alternates or considered a new set for those who love both identities. (And yes, I am well aware that Kaspariatis no longer plays for them.)

--Roger "Today!" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Awesome jersey set, RC. I love the blend of old and new, looks great together. Except for that name on the back... Kaspar was one of our biggest diappointments.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Archived