History of Uniform colors as well as old logos-hard to find

ram29jackson

Logos are one thing but uniform design and color are just as important and interesting.

I cant ever seem to find descriptions of old uniforms colors and the color of the stripes and leather helmets etc?

it shouldnt be that hard but its been impossible for me. No one seems to really make the effort/

each individual college football school should know its history but no one it seems has made the effort to collect them all?

I also think Helmet Hut could make a better effort. Some schools , they only show one helmet instead of a whole history and are slow to updte the site and have no forums ,which I think would be cool.

If anyone has a description of an ooolld school uniform, post it here. Or at at least discuss what you think you know about it. Or please bring up any aspect you would like.

Try this website, hope it helps somewhat .... has helmets history for both pro & college

NFL Helmet Project

thank you ,...but thats what I mean by-thats not good enough. I want real photos of the real teams with full uniform descriptions. Not 1-2 dimensional drawings of stuff we already know about from the last 30 years that its easy to google a photo of. Dont get me wrong- I dont mean to poo poo what you just did, please forgive me if it comes off that way. But that particular one doesnt go far back or in depth enough and not in a succinct immediate fashion.

but please feel free to talk about it or add anything you would like to. Anyone who likes uniform history is cool in my book haha.

Ive seen the site before and its a decent one. But its the starter kit for the more further back and in depth that I really want to find.

do actual designers ever post here ? or just a bunch of guys who say " yeah, I like that logo ."...?

Dont mean to be crass but this is just scratching the surface here. Anyone know the names of actual logo,uniform designers ?

Dan Simon, Joe Bosack, Jason & Casey of Brand B Branding, Ben Barnes, the list goes on...

thank you ,...but thats what I mean by-thats not good enough. I want real photos of the real teams with full uniform descriptions. Not 1-2 dimensional drawings of stuff we already know about from the last 30 years that its easy to google a photo of. Dont get me wrong- I dont mean to poo poo what you just did, please forgive me if it comes off that way. But that particular one doesnt go far back or in depth enough and not in a succinct immediate fashion.

Welcome to the forums--and welcome to our world. Everyone here is interested in historical sports branding and design, from logos to uniforms to merchandise, and we've all found how challenging it is to find historical materials. You'll find that photos, print materials, and even old uniforms on display are often not enough to satisfy the most demanding on this forum when it comes to color accuracy. Old photos are often black and white. Photo, print, and textiles are all subject to fading. Descriptions are even worse, because a lot of colors can qualify as gold or blue or maroon.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

do actual designers ever post here ? or just a bunch of guys who say " yeah, I like that logo ."...?

Dont mean to be crass but this is just scratching the surface here. Anyone know the names of actual logo,uniform designers ?

Dan Simon, Joe Bosack, Jason & Casey of Brand B Branding, Ben Barnes, the list goes on...

interesting..havent googled any names yet...do they have blogs or stories about designing or anything ?

Welcome to the forums--and welcome to our world. Everyone here is interested in historical sports branding and design, from logos to uniforms to merchandise, and we've all found how challenging it is to find historical materials. You'll find that photos, print materials, and even old uniforms on display are often not enough to satisfy the most demanding on this forum when it comes to color accuracy. Old photos are often black and white. Photo, print, and textiles are all subject to fading. Descriptions are even worse, because a lot of colors can qualify as gold or blue or maroon.

and thats disappointing...we've seen some examples of really old leather helmet days where they made/painted designs on them in more than just brown or white. Everything from jolly rogers to lettering and they had satin pants back then...each school must know its own history ? but no one has truly collected them and put them in one place... even helmet hut seems to not cover as much as they really could...?

Ooh, can I be Mr. Buzzkill? Really? Yay!

Look, I know that nobody has what you're asking for, but this is coming off as a glorified request more than an actual discussion. Furthermore, to call a forum where some members have been here for 13+ years "just a bunch of guys" is more than crass. In fact, the majority of graphics on the mother site have been compiled by members who aren't professional designers.

The site's getting more and more accurate every day, but it is a process. That process isn't helped by those saying "oh, I wanna see better stuff; your offer isn't good enough."

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Look, I know that nobody has what you're asking for, but this is coming off as a glorified request more than an actual discussion. Furthermore, to call a forum where some members have been here for 13+ years "just a bunch of guys" is more than crass. In fact, the majority of graphics on the mother site have been compiled by members who aren't professional designers.

The site's getting more and more accurate every day, but it is a process. That process isn't helped by those saying "oh, I wanna see better stuff; your offer isn't good enough."

I coulda told you that when ram29jackson signed up lol.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

and thats disappointing...we've seen some examples of really old leather helmet days where they made/painted designs on them in more than just brown or white. Everything from jolly rogers to lettering and they had satin pants back then...each school must know its own history ? but no one has truly collected them and put them in one place... even helmet hut seems to not cover as much as they really could...?

Well, doesn't that give you the energy to do it in the manner which you would like it to be?

Each college archives such information in their individual manner. By you just visiting a school's athletic site and looking, then complaining here illustrates to me that you are not looking hard. You need to look at the Archives for each school, which are kept at the school's Library page for extensive photos and articles.

I'm just going by what I initially have seen. Give me time to look around . i dont deny that its a request, nothing wrong with that. i made a thread so hat if there was any link to share, go ahead and share it. No harm done. I never realized there were forums here until now.

Archived