NFL playoffs

GriffinM6

Being a sports fan, above all, should be about having fun. I'm no Jets fan, and I won't claim to be one now. Their fans, however, should be allowed to enjoy their team's victory over the top quarterback of this generation. If you, as a fan, cannot have fun after a game like that, when can you have fun?

Everyone whining about "arrogant Jets fans" is, to be honest, just being bitter.

Nobody's whining about the Jet fans or the loss. But if you make a thread in this forum bragging about a single playoff victory when nobody else (Steeler/Bear/Packer fans) have done the same, then you deserve to get flamed for your ignorance.

I'm not sure how someone making a separate thread for their team winning a playoff game qualifies them as "ignorant." Obnoxious? Sure. Overzealous? Perhaps? Excited over the fact that their team has dispatched two of the most celebrated teams in the past decade this post-season? Possibly. Ignorant? Not seeing it.

Your team lost. Stop being bitter about it and let Jets fans have their moment. G-d knows you, as a Pats fan, have had plenty yourself.

It just shows how pathetic they are. If you win the Super Bowl its understandable. But you won the AFC Divisional playoffs against a rival. Calm the hell down.

No, it just shows how pathetic you are. Your team crapped the bed this season and thus you can't let a successful team's fanbase enjoy their team's success.

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being a sports fan, above all, should be about having fun. I'm no Jets fan, and I won't claim to be one now. Their fans, however, should be allowed to enjoy their team's victory over the top quarterback of this generation. If you, as a fan, cannot have fun after a game like that, when can you have fun?

Everyone whining about "arrogant Jets fans" is, to be honest, just being bitter.

Nobody's whining about the Jet fans or the loss. But if you make a thread in this forum bragging about a single playoff victory when nobody else (Steeler/Bear/Packer fans) have done the same, then you deserve to get flamed for your ignorance.

It just shows how pathetic they are. If you win the Super Bowl its understandable. But you won the AFC Divisional playoffs against a rival. Calm the hell down.

To be fair, all of these teams except the Jets won a Super Bowl in the last 30 years.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Said the Duke, Yankees, and Cowboys fan. :rolleyes: I assume the Knicks beat out the Lakers for your support so that you could add a touch of the pathos that "the little guys" feel.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

To be fair, all of these teams except the Jets won a Super Bowl in the last 30 years.

Yeah, make a separate thread about winning the Super Bowl, not the Divisional round.

I'm not sure how someone making a separate thread for their team winning a playoff game qualifies them as "ignorant." Obnoxious? Sure. Overzealous? Perhaps? Excited over the fact that their team has dispatched two of the most celebrated teams in the past decade this post-season? Possibly. Ignorant? Not seeing it.

Your team lost. Stop being bitter about it and let Jets fans have their moment. G-d knows you, as a Pats fan, have had plenty yourself.

No, it just shows how pathetic you are. Your team crapped the bed this season and thus you can't let a successful team's fanbase enjoy their team's success.

I was much younger and more immature when the Patriots won their titles, but I never carried on like this. I will admit, I'm not emotional about a lot of things and expected to see a couple of posts about the Patriots losing. But it gets annoying when you log on and suddenly everybody's talking/making threads about it like they won the Super Bowl. I hate to use the "win with class" line, but really I got to use it here.

Said the Duke, Yankees, and Cowboys fan. :rolleyes: I assume the Knicks beat out the Lakers for your support so that you could add a touch of the pathos that "the little guys" feel.

Well sorry for liking class and not ignorance. Lets see, I grew up in NY thats why I'm a Yankees and Knicks fan. When I first was interested in NCAAB JJ Redick was big so I like Duke. And my dads a Cowboys fan. I have seen exactly TWO of my teams win championships in my lifetime, so I'm not sure how I need to add that "little guys feel".

I was much younger and more immature when the Patriots won their titles, but I never carried on like this. I will admit, I'm not emotional about a lot of things and expected to see a couple of posts about the Patriots losing. But it gets annoying when you log on and suddenly everybody's talking/making threads about it like they won the Super Bowl. I hate to use the "win with class" line, but really I got to use it here.

"Win with class"? Sorry. Not buying it.

Again, being a sports fan should be about enjoying yourself first and foremost. Jets fans have a right to enjoy themselves after a game like this. I'm sorry your team had to be on the losing end of things, but thems the breaks. Just let the have fun with their team winning this game. It's what being a sports fan is supposed to be about.

Winning with class is a term fans throw around when they've sucked all the joy of being a fan out of the process.

Well sorry for liking class and not ignorance. Lets see, I grew up in NY thats why I'm a Yankees and Knicks fan. When I first was interested in NCAAB JJ Redick was big so I like Duke. And my dads a Cowboys fan. I have seen exactly TWO of my teams win championships in my lifetime, so I'm not sure how I need to add that "little guys feel".

Cool story bro. "Class" in the context of sports fandom is, as I've stated, something people throw around to suck the enjoyment out of being a fan.

People are allowed to be happy that their favourite team won.

And Ice_Cap, I'm a Cowboys fan living in NY so I kinda dont like the Jets.

So you're being immature about the whole thing. Ok.

I'm a Chargers fan. I don't like the Colts. I don't whine and cry when their fans celebrate big wins though.

Again, being a sports fan should be about enjoying yourself first and foremost. Jets fans have a right to enjoy themselves after a game like this. I'm sorry your team had to be on the losing end of things, but thems the breaks. Just let the have fun with their team winning this game. It's what being a sports fan is supposed to be about.

Winning with class is a term fans throw around when they've sucked all the joy of being a fan out of the process.

That might be true, but too many times I see kids and even grown adults acting like animals when they're being a "sports fan," including attending a hockey game where a man poured his beer on a little boy who was wearing the rival team's jersey and proceeding to harp on him about his loss.

While they are different scenarios, if that's being a "sports fan" and it's wrong for us to take that fun out of the game, then I'm all for taking the "fun" out of it. The win the class line is over-played, which is why I hate to resort to it, but again I lose all respect for obnoxious fans or people like Lights Out who act like they finally lost their virginity because their team won.

I hate to use the "Lose with class" line, but really, suck it up.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

That's your problem. You should have spited your father and become a Giants fan or something.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Cool story bro. "Class" in the context of sports fandom is, as I've stated, something people throw around to suck the enjoyment out of being a fan.

I'm a Chargers fan. I don't like the Colts. I don't whine and cry when their fans celebrate big wins though.

I agree they can celebrate and all but they don't need to start a separate thread about it. I come on here to get away from all of the Jets B.S. that I have to hear in NY and now I get this.

That might be true, but too many times I see kids and even grown adults acting like animals when they're being a "sports fan," including attending a hockey game where a man poured his beer on a little boy who was wearing the rival team's jersey and proceeding to harp on him about his loss.

While they are different scenarios, if that's being a "sports fan" and it's wrong for us to take that fun out of the game, then I'm all for taking the "fun" out of it.

The scinerios are worlds apart. No one's doing anything close to that here. Look, I'm sorry your team lost. I'm a Chargers fan. A few years ago I was in your place. 14-2 record, seemingly unstoppable, and they lose in the Divisional round. It sucks. So deal with your team losing the right way, don't piss all over other fans enjoying their team's win in a, lets be honest, harmless fashion. No one's pouring beer on anyone.

The win the class line is over-played, which is why I hate to resort to it, but again I lose all respect for obnoxious fans or people like Lights Out who act like they finally lost their virginity because their team won.

You've already played into Lights Out's game if you associate him with real Jets fans. He's a bandwagon jumper who, I'm convinced, hates the teams he hates more then he likes the teams he likes. According to Lights Out no team he hates has ever won anything simply because they earned it. Using him as your standard fan does a disservice to the standard fan.

That's your problem. You should have spited your father and become a Giants fan or something.

I already spited him once when becoming a Yankees fan instead of a Mets fan.

See you're halfway there already. What's he going to do, kick you out of the house?

Today, we are all otaku.

See you're halfway there already. What's he going to do, kick you out of the house?

I hate the Giants and the Jets and I love the Cowboys so thats not happening.

I agree they can celebrate and all but they don't need to start a separate thread about it. I come on here to get away from all of the Jets B.S. that I have to hear in NY and now I get this.

Agreed, and as far as losing with class, I'm not harping on Jet fans, by saying their team was lucky, or the game was rigged. I'm not Lights Out, and I will readily admit the Jets deserved to win the game, the way the Patriots played. But I know most of us who lose a game of importance come online to get away from the nonsense.

You won, good for you, you earned it. I never said the Jets didn't deserve to win. But rubbing our faces in it, then yeah, expect to get flamed.

I hate the Giants and the Jets and I love the Cowboys so thats not happening.

Then I suggest you grow a slightly thicker skin vis a vis NFL football.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived