Cotton Bowl 2011 Logo

Diablo de Tejas

I dont understand why the Cotton Bowl is not part of the BCS, I always felt it should regain its status it once held with the Orange, Rose, Sugar as the Big Four.

Simple. Dallas is not as 'attractive' as Miami, New Orleans, Phoenix or Los Angeles.

First off, that's bull.... If Phoenix is more attractive than Dallas, then I just crawled into Rose McGowan's womb and re-birthed myself as a unicorn. (no offense to Arizonans)

Also, it's not in Dallas. It's not even in Dallas County.... it's in ARLINGTON. A town in between Dallas and Fort Worth.

I believe politics had more to do with the Cotton Bowl NOT being a BCS bowl, even though it was one of the original "Big Bowls". Maybe it will be one day, but it's not now.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I dont understand why the Cotton Bowl is not part of the BCS, I always felt it should regain its status it once held with the Orange, Rose, Sugar as the Big Four.

I think the Cotton Bowl was supposed to be one of the Big 4, but due to issue with the old Cotton Bowl stadium, the Fiesta got the nod.

It was not because of the stadium, remember that the Fiesta Bowl was in a similar venue to Cotton Bowl Stadium when the BCS began (Sun Devil Stadium), but it was more to do with the fact that the Fiesta Bowl and their sponsor (Tostitos) put up more money than the Cotton Bowl sponsors when the Bowl Alliance, the precursor to the BCS, started. SBC, now AT&T did not pony up for the Cotton Bowl.

Simple. Dallas is not as 'attractive' as Miami, New Orleans, Phoenix or Los Angeles.

Where did you get this information?

p4Ut2be.png

Where did you get this information?

Since it this board, they did not have specific information. Most of the time, there is more speculation here than ever. Even from information 15 years ago, they fail to try to give us news from contracts signed or from other news related links.

That is a fantastic logo, I hope that is what is worn on the jerseys! I especially love the colors.

Now if only the game could be played in the ACTUAL Cotton Bowl. I hate it being played at Jerryjonestopia stadium.

At least there still is a Cotton Bowl, and there's games played there. Another legendary stadium wasn't so lucky.

Wha?

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think the Cotton Bowl was supposed to be one of the Big 4, but due to issue with the old Cotton Bowl stadium, the Fiesta got the nod.

It was not because of the stadium, remember that the Fiesta Bowl was in a similar venue to Cotton Bowl Stadium when the BCS began (Sun Devil Stadium), but it was more to do with the fact that the Fiesta Bowl and their sponsor (Tostitos) put up more money than the Cotton Bowl sponsors when the Bowl Alliance, the precursor to the BCS, started. SBC, now AT&T did not pony up for the Cotton Bowl.

Make it a BCS bowl and make the Mountain West an AQ conference. This is the only other bowl I see deserving of it.

Archived