Brewers Ball-in-glove Prototype

MilTownMVP

Very 70s ish with the heart but the Mb stands out more in this logo I guess they smoothed it out to make it more subtle when they made teh final logo.

True story.

Sittin over at a friends house smokin some pot. He had a blanket of MLB teams, though the blanket was pretty old and it had the old Brewers logo on it. Anyway I'm staring at it and I say "You know, the glove looks like it's made from an M and a B."

:D

Yes, the joys of being high.

True story.

Sittin over at a friends house smokin some pot. He had a blanket of MLB teams, though the blanket was pretty old and it had the old Brewers logo on it. Anyway I'm staring at it and I say "You know, the glove looks like it's made from an M and a B."

Interestingly enough, that's how the original logo was designed, too. :P

True story.

Interestingly enough, that's how the original logo was designed, too. :P

Maybe one of the 'heads on the board can FedEx some over to the ABA designers...cuz what they're taking ISN'T conducive to quality logo work.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps it's just an coincidence, perhaps I'm just seeing things, but in the prototype, the baseball's stitching appears to perhaps mimic the grain motif seen in later Brewers logos (representing barley, or malt, or hops, or something used in beer). Do you guys see this too?

If this design element is indeed present in this prototype, then it was not used in the final design, IIRC.

Archived