Brewers Ball-in-glove Prototype

MilTownMVP

oldlogo_story3.jpg

This was posted at onmilwaukee.com (a good site if you want to see the city from an extreme-yuppie point of view, but not much else). Insert your own joke about the heart.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Very 70s ish with the heart but the Mb stands out more in this logo I guess they smoothed it out to make it more subtle when they made teh final logo.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

True story.

Sittin over at a friends house smokin some pot. He had a blanket of MLB teams, though the blanket was pretty old and it had the old Brewers logo on it. Anyway I'm staring at it and I say "You know, the glove looks like it's made from an M and a B."

:D

Yes, the joys of being high.

smallchampccs.jpg

comavatar.gif

True story.

Sittin over at a friends house smokin some pot. He had a blanket of MLB teams, though the blanket was pretty old and it had the old Brewers logo on it. Anyway I'm staring at it and I say "You know, the glove looks like it's made from an M and a B."

Interestingly enough, that's how the original logo was designed, too. :P

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

True story.

Interestingly enough, that's how the original logo was designed, too. :P

Maybe one of the 'heads on the board can FedEx some over to the ABA designers...cuz what they're taking ISN'T conducive to quality logo work.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'm wondering what it could be that is influencing them to come up with some of the crap they do.

ABA = on acid?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• 1 month later...

Perhaps it's just an coincidence, perhaps I'm just seeing things, but in the prototype, the baseball's stitching appears to perhaps mimic the grain motif seen in later Brewers logos (representing barley, or malt, or hops, or something used in beer). Do you guys see this too?

If this design element is indeed present in this prototype, then it was not used in the final design, IIRC.

Archived