Hockey player and hockey uniform designer

PackerBadger

That design's really good.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Sometimes easy and simple works.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Solid design but fails because the pants (and helmet) are black for no reason. St. Norbert's College colors are green and gold, aren't they? So use green for the pants and helmet then. Michigan State hockey does the same thing... black pants for no odd reason.

I'm guessing for budgetary reasons, especially if the college doesn't provide equipment for the players. Every hockey helmet, pants, and gloves from every manufacturer come in black. Getting the same shade of green across different manufactures would be a nightmare.

Solid design but fails because the pants (and helmet) are black for no reason. St. Norbert's College colors are green and gold, aren't they? So use green for the pants and helmet then. Michigan State hockey does the same thing... black pants for no odd reason.

Ditto the North Dakota Fighting Sioux. I don't like unnecessary black, but some might object to the all-green look.

Packers-2.png

I'm guessing for budgetary reasons, especially if the college doesn't provide equipment for the players. Every hockey helmet, pants, and gloves from every manufacturer come in black. Getting the same shade of green across different manufactures would be a nightmare.

I played club hockey for the University of Washington and we always used black pants, helmets, and gloves for that reason. Most guys already have black gear and when you are paying $2000 in fees plus road expenses finding extra money for purple and gold everything wasn't really an option. Now I don't understand why DI schools would do black for blacks sake, when they have the money they could just get green pants for example.

SEAsig.png

It's just a re-colour of the Stars' edge template. Not to be over-critical, but pretty much anyone on this board could do that. The shoulder logo is just a fleur-de-lis inside a clipart shield. And she gets a newspaper article out of that? Somebody interview Davidson.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It's not bad at all, it's clean and simple as mentioned before. Yes, we all like Davidson, including me. But sometimes you don't need to go overboard with your design to create an identity or produce something that all parties are comfortable with. Simply put, Davidson's work is better suited for a professional sports team or something you might see in an independent but creative production like a Blitz: The League. Her design suits a high school or college team just fine.

Archived