Calgary Flames HC Equipment Sneak Peak

Howie_16

why is there a white version of the jerseys?

Because if they had these 2 complementary HC sweaters, along with the vintage all-red thirds that they currently sport, they might have the best set EVER! (and I'm a Ranger fan who really doesn't enjoy red-based jerseys usually).

I heard so much negativity on Icethetics regarding the HC jersey. It's UNBELIEVABLE. It's different. It's sharp. Muuuuuuch better than the home/ away set that they currently sport. I don't know what it is . The odd striping. The many flags. The overuse of black. I dunno. But these HC ones rock !

Probably something to do with the fact it looks like a Ronald McDonald clownsuit.

heritageclassic2010copy.jpg

Fries with that?

So nothing red and yellow can be associated with anything other than McDonalds? I guess we gotta tell some fire departments to change their color schemes.

I wonder if China knows that their flag is a big banner advertisement for Chicken McNuggets?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Because if they had these 2 complementary HC sweaters, along with the vintage all-red thirds that they currently sport, they might have the best set EVER! (and I'm a Ranger fan who really doesn't enjoy red-based jerseys usually).

I heard so much negativity on Icethetics regarding the HC jersey. It's UNBELIEVABLE. It's different. It's sharp. Muuuuuuch better than the home/ away set that they currently sport. I don't know what it is . The odd striping. The many flags. The overuse of black. I dunno. But these HC ones rock !

Probably something to do with the fact it looks like a Ronald McDonald clownsuit.

Fries with that?

Again Mr. Morgo, anyone who likes the Captain Highliner NYI jersey shouldn't throw stones. :rolleyes:

So nothing red and yellow can be associated with anything other than McDonalds? I guess we gotta tell some fire departments to change their color schemes.

I wonder if China knows that their flag is a big banner advertisement for Chicken McNuggets?

Its not just the colour scheme that invokes Ronald McDonald. If it was I'd be calling out the Flames current thirds too. Im not. Its also that striping pattern down the arms and socks. Look familiar?

ronk.png

By morgouxbridge at 2011-02-11

Fries with that?

Again Mr. Morgo, anyone who likes the Captain Highliner NYI jersey shouldn't throw stones. :rolleyes:

The Captain Highliner jersey was an unfairly maligned modern classic that was used as a lightning rod for the Islander's many misfortunes at the time. If a nautical based expansion team came out with those jerseys I gaurantee they would have not recieved nearly as much scorn if any. Even if it was launched as an alternate for the Isles Im sure alot of people would have embraced it (not unlike the Ranger's Liberty jerseys). If you win 4 Cups in specific jersey, fans are going to be angry if you change it. No matter what it looks like.

The Captain Highliner jersey was an unfairly maligned modern classic...

Navy + Orange + Silver + Teal + Wavy Lines + Fierce Sailor = Something worn in by a cast member in either "La Cage aux Folles", "To Wong Foo" or "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert".

I know Sutter made some questionable acquisitions during his tenure, but Jesus.

(Alternate caption: "I count two clowns in that picture.")

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived