Calgary Flames HC Equipment Sneak Peak

Howie_16

The following pictures were recently released, giving us a sneak peak to the equipment the Flames will be wearing for the Heritage Classic. I am one of those who loves their 1920's inspired look, and I hope they wear it again in the future, although I would prefer it to only be once a year as opposed to a full-time third.

Enjoy!

HCEquipment1.jpg

HCEquipment2.jpg

HCEquipment3.jpg

These are sick! I love it. Digging the white pants, too. I'm probably the only person in the world that likes white pants.

White pants are OK every once in a while, like here, but playing 82 games a season in them would be a bit much. Those pants look a lot whiter, though, than the mockups we had seen previously, where they seemed to be more of a tan.

White pants would get so dingy and puck-marked it'd be almost impossible to keep them clean enough to wear for a whole season. I think the Blue Jackets red pants are bad enough. I love the Flames jerseys though. I wouldn't mind if those took over.

PvO6ZWJ.png

They would look even better with pants that are that same deep red color with a bold yellow stripe. What part of your heritage do white hockey pants belong to? The rarely worn part? The only team that I ever remember wearing white pants was Washington and they were so ridiculed that they abandoned them after only a few games.

I love the jerseys though. With a matching white jersey, I would be very pleased if the Flames adopted those as their primaries as long as the white pants don't come along for the ride.

PvO6ZWJ.png

What part of your heritage do white hockey pants belong to? The rarely worn part? The only team that I ever remember wearing white pants was Washington...

You obviously haven't been paying attention. The Flames Heritage Classic jersey is a tribute to the WCHL's Calgary Tigers of 1923-24, who met the NHL's Montreal Canadiens in the Stanley Cup Final. The striping of the HC jersey matches that of the Tigers, with maroon being swapped in for the black. Here is what the Tigers' jersey looked like at the time:

Barney_Stanley.jpg

why is there a white version of the jerseys?

Because if they had these 2 complementary HC sweaters, along with the vintage all-red thirds that they currently sport, they might have the best set EVER! (and I'm a Ranger fan who really doesn't enjoy red-based jerseys usually).

I heard so much negativity on Icethetics regarding the HC jersey. It's UNBELIEVABLE. It's different. It's sharp. Muuuuuuch better than the home/ away set that they currently sport. I don't know what it is . The odd striping. The many flags. The overuse of black. I dunno. But these HC ones rock !

Archived