College Basketball Court Concepts

AnythingChicago

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First - RCGraphics might have unintentionally hijacked your thread, but you are, as far as I can tell, using the same template with different floors.

Second - Calling people clowns because you're an impatient ass is NOT the way to get critique.

Third - Pointing out that they only take 20 minutes to make also does not draw critique except for the obvious "Take more time, etc."

I don't know why you insist on having such a narcissistic approach on this whole concept/critique business, but you're heading the completely wrong way if you want critique.

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

First - RCGraphics might have unintentionally hijacked your thread, but you are, as far as I can tell, using the same template with different floors.

Second - Calling people clowns because you're an impatient ass is NOT the way to get critique.

Third - Pointing out that they only take 20 minutes to make also does not draw critique except for the obvious "Take more time, etc."

I don't know why you insist on having such a narcissistic approach on this whole concept/critique business, but you're heading the completely wrong way if you want critique.

First - Yes.

Second - It was sarcasm.

Third - They're court concepts, they're supposed to be rather quick. I'm trying to get a lot of teams in.

And I know I've been impatient. I'm sorry. I'll try to be less pushy; narcissm is no way to approach boredom and dislike.

25yzwqg.png

^ Agreed. And even I can't decipher the sarcasm, so my solution would be to drop a couple emoticons in there. Ya know, to liven things up and as authors would say, set the tone.

Your right. I thought about putting a :P after "clowns", but decided to refrain from doing that in the middle of a sentence. 'Twas a mistake.

25yzwqg.png

RDGraphics,

I appreciate your willingness to fulfill Jahgee's request, but please bring your work into a seperate thread. It looks very good for a beginner, and I'm sure the members of this community would be glad to see it. But, please, just not here.

Thanks.

I think you might want to look at his court beside yours before you put him down as a beginner.

EDIT: Just realized I hijacked your thread. Sorry.

That wasn't a put down, it was an honest statement. I didn't want to go all out to praise his work in my own thread.

an honest statement?

I would say a "beginner" would be someone with pixelated logos, sloppy lines, no textures, and very generic court designs...basically what you have done

That wasn't a put down, it was an honest statement

My biggest issue is that none of these appear to have any inspiration to them. All of these concepts are basically the same, just with different logos and colors. Personally, I think you should slow down and take a look at some iconic basketball courts (Boston Garden, Cameron indoor, Staples Center, etc.) in order to see how courts courts can vary, and take their own identity. Think outside the box-- from what I've seen, concepts that are a bit strange (yet clearly thought out) tend to get better reaction than cookie cutter concepts that have been finished in 20 minutes.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I would say a "beginner" would be someone with pixelated logos, sloppy lines, no textures, and very generic court designs...basically what you have done

That wasn't a put down, it was an honest statement

I'm sorry I don't have a natural talent for graphic design like davidson, jaha32, Bmac, etc. And as lancebridwell said, I was using the word "rookie" for RDGraphics in technical terms like he used it, not talent wise.

My biggest issue is that none of these appear to have any inspiration to them. All of these concepts are basically the same, just with different logos and colors. Personally, I think you should slow down and take a look at some iconic basketball courts (Boston Garden, Cameron indoor, Staples Center, etc.) in order to see how courts courts can vary, and take their own identity. Think outside the box-- from what I've seen, concepts that are a bit strange (yet clearly thought out) tend to get better reaction than cookie cutter concepts that have been finished in 20 minutes.

I'm trying to make these as unique as possible. I do not know how to make different shades and textures of hardwood, so that is a disadvantage. I'm trying my hardest to please you all...

What's the point of using a template without both 3 point lines, or at least the updated men's 3 point line? You're not even using a modern college basketball court.

I'm just using lightning25's template. I'm sorry if it's not good enough for you.

25yzwqg.png

What's the point of using a template without both 3 point lines, or at least the updated men's 3 point line? You're not even using a modern college basketball court.

One of the reason a lot of paint users have older templates is that like pc gamers, they're not seen as a huge target audience and paint templates aren't available. I use paint a lot too so I know what it is like to be limited by knowledge and technology.

Looking at the Duke one, I'd say change the baseline word mark to the one that matches the D logo in the center, just for consistency's sake, otherwise it is pretty good.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived