Celtics Concept

TFoA

Well, who remembers when the Lakers slightly updated their uniforms by adding trim on the sides and adding trim to the numbers... Well this is the same kind of update for the Celtics, who even though they have an INCREDIBLE tradition, they need an update... But nothing of a wild, change everything sort, just a slight change...

Home

Away

Comments are welcome

But please, if you must unleash the :evil: on this one, be light with it :grin:

I like the idea. unfortunately, i don't like it for the Celtics....frankly, it's too Laker-like to ever fly. it'd be sort of like the Leafs wearing a barber pole jersey.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The idea of updating the Celtics' look is a fine one. The execution, here, though, leaves something to be desired. The numbers are too large for the jersey, and the font used for the name on the back is neither consistent with the Celtics wordmark on the front, nor the standard collegiate block that you'd find on the Knicks, Hawks, Clippers, Suns, or Sonics (to name a few).

The folks in Boston probably had enough of a fit when they put a shamrock on the waistband. At least you didn't fall into the latest trend of putting a mini-logo above the name on the back.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I think the Celtics could update the look by adding a small touch of another color, whether it's black or gold. They do have gold as part of the warmups, so it wouldn't be breaking out of history. I think if done almost inconsicuously black could add a little bit of depth to the jersey and striping (very minimal, even less than what the KC Royals use now). There is only so much you can do as a monochromatic team. Even the Lakers added white to the scheme, and it didn't compromise the integrity of what they had. If they went black and green, they still would have an original color scheme in the league, while adding a lot of gold may make them look too much like Seattle.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

How can I put it in a word, uhhh...NO! You broke something that didn't need to be fixed. 'Nuff said.

JamesCraven OUT!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

i think the celtics could use alternate jerseys (like the black ones nike released).

this concept i don't like to much. it's basically added stripes and they don't look good. maybe small leafs (like the alternate logo) on the sides like the stars on the all star jersey last year would be better

sIG.gif

medal5b.gif

www.dap-studio.pl

This is actually a nice idea. I like the green going up the uni on the home, but I don't like the white on the away darks, and the stripes are too thick. I suggest a coupla things...

(1) Thin the stripe; not too much, just a little.

(2) Have no stripe on the away, but outline a fake stripe in white like the Mavs do, like this...

nba2_dnowitzki.jpg

That's all my nitpicking. I think your concept definitely has potential.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived