Edmonton Klondikes

Steve-O

This was made in about 30 minutes for my good buddy dwertman of the TNFF. His team was looking for a logo for a team called the Edmonton Klondikes. This is what I came up with. I made it in MS Paint so the quality is not good at all. I used the orange to kind of tie in the Oilers. Let me know what you think of it. Thanks for your time!

klondikes.jpg

Obviously, it needs some cleanup, especially in the hat area. I'm not really sure how to do this myself, but the hat needs more depth. It needs to look like the brim is coming outward. Also, it kind of looks like a fedora when it needs to be more of a stetson.

May seem rather cliche, but when I think Klondikes the first thing that immediately pops into my head is a polar bear.

not makin fun of ya, but this looks like an Amish guy with a funny-colored hat :hockeysmiley: . i figure this is supposed to be a Mountie, however.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Obviously, it needs some cleanup, especially in the hat area. I'm not really sure how to do this myself, but the hat needs more depth. It needs to look like the brim is coming outward. Also, it kind of looks like a fedora when it needs to be more of a stetson.

May seem rather cliche, but when I think Klondikes the first thing that immediately pops into my head is a polar bear.

I really was unsure of how to make the hat. I was also pretty unsure of how to add depth to make it appear coming more outward. I may try a couple more times to see how it looks with different hat styles and shading. Thanks for the input so far!

not makin fun of ya, but this looks like an Amish guy with a funny-colored hat  . i figure this is supposed to be a Mountie, however.

It sorta does... minus the mustache since the Amish are forbidden from breakin' out the 'stache... beard without a mustache, not cool.

Overall, I like it, and I also agree with the previous comments addressing what needs to be altered. But as a starting point, it's quite good (especially in paint).

But in case it doesn't work out with the Mountie as the logo, you could always give the logo some paious (sp?) and have the logo represent the (Insert Highly Jewish Populated Area) Hassidim.

Orthodox Jews, don't mess with 'em... you don't know about the Uzi's underneath the black hats. They hold it down.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

not makin fun of ya, but this looks like an Amish guy with a funny-colored hat . i figure this is supposed to be a Mountie, however.

It sorta does... minus the mustache since the Amish are forbidden from breakin' out the 'stache... beard without a mustache, not cool.

Overall, I like it, and I also agree with the previous comments addressing what needs to be altered. But as a starting point, it's quite good (especially in paint).

But in case it doesn't work out with the Mountie as the logo, you could always give the logo some paious (sp?) and have the logo represent the (Insert Highly Jewish Populated Area) Hassidim.

Orthodox Jews, don't mess with 'em... you don't know about the Uzi's underneath the black hats. They hold it down.

I believe he was "inspired" by this picture I posted on the TNFF board--it's Klondike Mike, the Mascot of Edmonton's Klondike Days--(sort of their version of the Calgary Stampede)

And I think it's a good start--just need to clean it up a bit!

klondikemike.jpg

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Amish guy with a funny hat

Overall it's good - It grabbed me as a pissed off morman - but the more I look at the man, the better I like it. Good work - I see now what the inspiration might have been from Stampman.

Good Work Steve-O!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

looking again, there's someone else this logo looks like...just add a Red Sox hat and you got Johnny Damon :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived