Greeneville Astros New Logos

TruColor

I'm sure you've all been awaiting these with baited breath, but the Martinsville Astros of the Appalachian League moved to Greeneville, Tennessee over the off-season. Well, wait no further - here are the new marks:

Primary Logo:

GreenevilleAstros_PL.jpg

Secondary Logo (against Brick, and against Black):

GreenevilleAstros_CL.jpg

Caps:

GreenevilleAstros_Caps.jpg

I'm not sure what the significance is with the "E" in Greeneville being upper-case; maybe they're paranoid that people will think they're from Greenville, South Carolina?

I suppose I don't mind the secondary logo too much, though it could have been executed a lot cleaner, but the primary logo is awful, and yeah, what's up with the E?

Those mountains in the background are week, and the outline thickness is pathetic. That is is also weird.

I think the thickness thing in the mountains is due to my scaling the image up...is there something different I should be doing in Illustrator?

Those mountains in the background are week, and the outline thickness is pathetic. That is is also weird.

I think the thickness thing in the mountains is due to my scaling the image up...is there something different I should be doing in Illustrator?

Apparently they used a stroke in the logo.

Go select it and outline the stroke...if you don't know how to do that, I'll let you know.

well the only reason that would be a problem if them made the lines on the mountains as a stroke not a path...and thats just stupid if they did

edit... and stl beats me to the punch

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

...and thats just stupid if they did

When looking at the creativity of the logo, do you really doubt that they have no idea how to even use the software?

Another thing I just noticed about the logo that really bugs me.

The Astro star and the cap logo is offset (outlined) with a round path. The wordmark is probably bevel, definatly not round. Houston's wordmark turns out to be the same, it just has less spots where it can be not round. Still I think it looks bad.

i third...er, fourth...er, seventeenth this question:

What's with the E? do they spell it Green Eville? :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

It's all starting to come together... a good sports logo is supposed to be representative of it's home locale, right?

Finally, a logo as backwards as Appalachia, complete with the illiteracy spawned "giant E".

...is there something different I should be doing in Illustrator?

you can also select the checkbox to scale strokes (also patterns, etc.) in the scale menu by double-clicking the scale icon on the toolbar.

i hate designs with only strokes, but i know how to fix 'em. outline path is my buddy.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

maybe they are (puts pinky near his mouth) EVILLLLLL... mmmmhuahhahahhahahaha

EVIL !! those AshEville Wiccans are spreading.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

I love the Astros colors, boring logo! :cursing:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I thought that was their new name....

The Green Evil

(insert witty rendering of the Duke blue devil, recolored green)

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I would guess that there is some kind of complex that Greeneville has with the spelling of their city? Isn't this also the Greeneville that had a minor league hockey team, the Grrrrowl? With lots of extra "r's"? Anyway...

Another way of doing your strokes in Illustrator, which is helpful is using the Expand feature.

If you want to do really clean work, with your layers and what not, use the Expand feature and then use the pathfinder MERGE to clean up all the excess overlaps. I believe this also limit's your filesize as well.

grc

yanks_sig.gif

I would guess that there is some kind of complex that Greeneville has with the spelling of their city? Isn't this also the Greeneville that had a minor league hockey team, the Grrrrowl? With lots of extra "r's"? Anyway...

nope...the Grrrowl are in Greenville, SC

we are talking about GreenEville, TN

Archived