Flames Jersey Question/Poll

Chazberg

If I was to get a mid-90's Flames jersey lettered, should I have #12 or #24 put on for Iginla?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm thinking about getting an old Flames jersey I saw on ebay, it's the mid-90's era one, the one they wore until 2000-2001 I believe (Yes, the good 'ole diagonal stripes). Anyway If I was to have it lettered, do yuo guys think I should have Iginla with #12 or #24? I know he wore both with that jersey, and I was also wondering if anyone could tell me:

How many years he wore each number with that jersey

If he ever wore an "A" with either number on that jersey

Thanks guys.

I see you guys are leaning toward his current #12 so far. I just thought #24 might be cool, since it would definitely be unique and reflect his rookie year/early years. And Icecap, I knwo he wore the A on the newer jerseys, but did he wear it on the older style? I've never seen a pic in which he was wearing it.

Go with #24. More of a rarity. If you find the original style. Go with Vernon, Gilmour, MacInnis, or Suter!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I'm thinking about getting an old Flames jersey I saw on ebay, it's the mid-90's era one, the one they wore until 2000-2001 I believe (Yes, the good 'ole diagonal stripes). Anyway If I was to have it lettered, do yuo guys think I should have Iginla with #12 or #24? I know he wore both with that jersey, and I was also wondering if anyone could tell me:

How many years he wore each number with that jersey

If he ever wore an "A" with either number on that jersey

Thanks guys.

OK, here's my line of thinking when I'm getting a jersey.

What patches did they wear on this jersey that I could add to it?

In the case of the Flames style you are talking about your choices are two.

At the start of the 98-99 season they played their opening two games in Japan as part of the Game ONe program. They wore their WHITE jerseys for one game and debuted their BLACK alt for the other, so you'd need to go with the white one for this patch.

63681.jpg

Check the Japanese characters on the patch, how cool is that?

$22 at Rivercitysports.com or check ebay where I got mine last year.

Theo Fleury started the year with the Flames, so I believe that Iginla was wearing the "A" to start the season, and there's nothing much cooler than Calgary's Flaming Assistant Captian's "A" in my book.

They also wore the NHL 2000 patch for the 99-00 season. Fleury was long gone by then so Iginla may have been the Captian that year. This also frees you up to get either the RED or the WHITE jersey.

4a_1.JPG

$1.99 on ebay right now. whoa!

Bottom line, Iginla wore #12 both of these seasons. I'd go with #12 and pick which patch I liked best.

JeffB

(All info on A's & C's is guess work. Your mileage may vary.)

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived