MLB concepts

UnclearInitial

I'm excited to see more. I still think that you best concept yet was your first one, the original Padres. Are you planning on doing all 30 teams?

Yes.

I believe that the White Sox have never looked looked better than now, except for one thing: They don't wear white socks. The primary goal for me was to make them wear (Mostly) white socks. Completely white socks with pinstripe jersey would look bad, so I gave them a distinctive White/black sock. The home jersey is pretty much unchanged, except for the socks and I added the awesome diamond/sock logo to the sleeves of all jerseys. On the away, I always like the late 80's script better than the current, but I detest how the C is not attached to the script, so I changed that. That's pretty much the only change (Excluding the socks) from the 2010 unis. I brought back the bad-ass sleeveless from the mid-2000's as the home alt, and the road alt is pretty much the same as the current except for the sleeve logo and the white outlined with silver C cap logo from the script with on the cap with a silver button. The BP uses a White Sox script in an Old English font (Silver outlined in white), and the side panel mimics the alt's sleeve pattern, with mainly silver on the front and mainly white on the back. The logo on the cap is the main logo, with a mostly silver bill on the bp cap template

6338451459_a9f8157d04_b.jpg

C&C please

07Giants.pngnyy.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice. You've improved a lot since your first version of your first concept. No real complaints here, except for the fact that on the road, the numbes look a little stretched height-wise.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Good, but it looks odd having the number parallel to the logo on the black one. I'd make it diagonally opposite. Other than that, you're good.

What he said...Nice job on everything. White socks look good.

Good, but it looks odd having the number parallel to the logo on the black one. I'd make it diagonally opposite. Other than that, you're good.

The numbers are placed the same as the current alt.

I looked it up and you're right. It's perfect then.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

The numbers are placed the same as the current alt.

Oh, OK then. No complaints then.

For the Orioles, I decided to keep most of their almost perfect 2011 identity, but with a few tweaks. First, I changed the script on the primary logo to the normal jersey script, instead of the dropshadowed one they have now. I also tweaked the O's logo to have an actual apostrophe. I also added a B logo. The jersey striping is the same as the 80's jersey striping(loved that), and it's consistent throughout every uniform (Even the bp side panels) except for the orange alt, which has the 1971 orange sleeve striping. Best of all IMO, NO CARTOON BIRD!

6352173026_ec040079b6_b.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

The striping looks very good, and the "B" is nice on a hat. However, the cap "B" looks almost red (it's a different shade for sure).

EDIT: Good (in terms of fixing the colour). However, the "O" doesn't make a good shoulder patch when it's already on the script. I think the circle one would suffice.

Not really a fan of the B hat, but it's not bad. I think the only real problem that I can point out is that there are too many different sleeve patches. Try to pick one or maybe two and use it for the whole set. But other than that, no real complaints, this is well done.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

• 2 weeks later...

The striping looks very good, and the "B" is nice on a hat. However, the cap "B" looks almost red (it's a different shade for sure).

EDIT: Good (in terms of fixing the colour). However, the "O" doesn't make a good shoulder patch when it's already on the script. I think the circle one would suffice.

Not really a fan of the B hat, but it's not bad. I think the only real problem that I can point out is that there are too many different sleeve patches. Try to pick one or maybe two and use it for the whole set. But other than that, no real complaints, this is well done.

This is very nice. Hate the cartoon bird with a passion, so this concept really works for me. Like BigBubba said, I'd use the state flag patch for the orange alternate. Other than that, this is really good.

I'm a sucker for using different patches on jerseys, and the O's patch was put there to fit with the orange hat.

Now on to the Royals, I wanted to separate them from the Dodgers while still making them look like the Royals, so the changes are minimal. The logo doesn't have the drop shadow anymore, and I brought back the old black era logo and added a KC crown logo. Gold outline on the home script, but I kept the current piping because if I would change it I would have to change it on the away too. The away has almost no gold because the gold would clash with the gray. I kept the 2010 script over the new one because the new one looks too weak, but changed the weird shape on the I to an actual dot. Home alternate fixes the blue numbers of the new alternate, and has the KC crown logo to mix it up. Away alt has a crown on the crown of the cap and KC logo on the chest. BP is a little out there, but BP are supposed to be fun and new.

6422079285_121fac5bc2_b.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Good job on the logos, but the primaries are basically the 2012 San Diego Padres(sand outline on the home but not on the road). I'd drop the gold outline on the home uniform and make the alternates have gold or something.

But in my MLB, Padres are brown, light blue, and sand. And the gold outline helps distinguish them from the Dodgers.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

What this concept lacks in consistency. There are 3 different caps that are similar, but different, with no particular reason for it. There's gold outline around the script on the home whites but white outline on the road greys. Nowhere on the powder blue jerseys is there gold, but the hat has a gold brim.

Overall, not bad, but I say pick one style of hat and one type of outline and go from there.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

What i like:

- The addition of gold

- The creative hat ideas

What needs work:

- As Fox said, the consistency. Add gold outlines/piping to the blue jerseys and the road jersey. Also, powder blue is found only on that one alternate. You're best to with a gold alt instead. Make the bottom left hat for the primaries, the solid blue cap for the blue alt, and the crown cap with the gold alt.

It's a good idea, but poorly executed. You just need to sort things out and make them

Archived