MLB concepts

UnclearInitial

round the "C" for starters.

I have to agree. Just because you, like so many, are forced to use ms pain, that doesn't mean that you need to have concepts that make it obvious that you're using ms paint...

Thanks. I didn't even notice that when I posted it. Anyway, I updated the Rockies with a new cap logo.

Now, I don't want to start a reel-line-mint, but Tampa is not working for the Rays. I decided to move them to Norfolk, which i think would be a great location for an MLB team. Hampton Roads has more than 1.5 million people, and no major league teams. To the concept, I hate how the current identity de-emphasizes the manta ray and how the color scheme is so bland. A friend of mine suggested a purple, light blue, and orange scheme for the Rays, and I thought it would look horrible, but I actually love how it turned out. i didn't stray too much from the current identity, because I like the scripts, but I did tweak them.

5711853962_eccdfc19ef_b.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

round the "C" for starters.

I have to agree. Just because you, like so many, are forced to use ms pain, that doesn't mean that you need to have concepts that make it obvious that you're using ms paint...

Thanks. I didn't even notice that when I posted it. Anyway, I updated the Rockies with a new cap logo.

Now, I don't want to start a reel-line-mint, but Tampa is not working for the Rays. I decided to move them to Norfolk, which i think would be a great location for an MLB team. Hampton Roads has more than 1.5 million people, and no major league teams. To the concept, I hate how the current identity de-emphasizes the manta ray and how the color scheme is so bland. A friend of mine suggested a purple, light blue, and orange scheme for the Rays, and I thought it would look horrible, but I actually love how it turned out. i didn't stray too much from the current identity, because I like the scripts, but I did tweak them.

5691420273_a5e1679506_b.jpg

I love the idea, but I'm not sold on the purple and blue alternates. The numbers look hideous with those colors. For the cap, I would just include the Ray. That alone is a strong enough logo.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

You know what, it works! I actually went to an Aquarium in the Hampton/VA Beach area on a vacation and their main exhibit when you walk in was a lobby full of STINGRAYS that you can reach down to touch, pet and pray they don't attack you. It's like an in-ground pool for them that wraps itself around the entire lower floor. So the team could maintain this identity and still have a relevant local tie.

431_3.jpg

asp68PetARay.JPG

I like the move, but that purple isn't working for me. How about dark green and sky blue? It would fit the beach/coastal area they'd be playing in.

87Redskins.png

This Padres concept uses brown, light blue, and sand. The logo brings the traditional swingin' friar with a more modern script. The striping is pretty unorthodox, but I really think it could work.

5615457134_d71ffcdbbd_b.jpg

love the brown and sand ditch the lite blue. nice job though

Name three better screen setters than Joel Anthony and I'll give you a firm handshake.

I loved the Astros late 90's scripts, but I also love the colors and the side panels used on the early 90's uniform, so I decided to make a hybrid, with this concept pretty much being the result. The colors are very Southwestern, but the scripts and logos are more futuristic. I realize the red jersey bp got cut off, but when I tried to fix it all the other jerseys got cut off on top. I created 2 cap logos, combining a star with an H or an A.

5728043305_24fa504bcd_b.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I loved the Astros late 90's scripts, but I also love the colors and the side panels used on the early 90's uniform, so I decided to make a hybrid, with this concept pretty much being the result. The colors are very Southwestern, but the scripts and logos are more futuristic. I created 2 cap logos, combining a star with an H or an A.

5728043305_24fa504bcd_b.jpg

SO MANY COLORS!!! IT BUUUURRRRNNNNSSSS!!!!!

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

You know what, it works! I actually went to an Aquarium in the Hampton/VA Beach area on a vacation and their main exhibit when you walk in was a lobby full of STINGRAYS that you can reach down to touch, pet and pray they don't attack you. It's like an in-ground pool for them that wraps itself around the entire lower floor. So the team could maintain this identity and still have a relevant local tie.

Many major aquariums have this feature. The Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta has a huge stingray exhibit that looks just like your pictures.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I like the combination of Sedona Red and light blue on the all star game jerseys, so i used that, adding the classic copper. The logo is a plain snake wrapping around a baseball, and I created a new cap "A" logo, based off the snake 'd' logo. The scripts use the cap or a modified cap logo to to say DiamonD

------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- backs or ArizonA. The jersey features snakes wrapping around the sleeve(inspired by this) with a white cap, so that the players will be cooler. The away is light blue, because it is much more southwestern than grey. The away alt is a full on wraparound, but I fixed how the snake wraps and I added a number to the front, because it looks kinda empty without a script. The home alt is a fauxback to the world-series winning jerseys, with the new undershirt, new logo, and 'ghost' copper pinstripes, but it retains the old number font. The bp is copper with the diamond pattern on the sleeves. the diamond pattern also appears on every pant.

5735384646_978e2bb86c_b.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I thought you said semi-TATC, not full TATC. On a serious note, I actually really like the idea behind this. Personally, I love the sleeve striping, that's an exceptionally unique approach that you applied effectively. The only issues are the wordmarks; They just seem a bit messy and I don't read them as Diamondbacks or Arizona when they are on the jerseys.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I thought you said semi-TATC, not full TATC. On a serious note, I actually really like the idea behind this. Personally, I love the sleeve striping, that's an exceptionally unique approach that you applied effectively. The only issues are the wordmarks; They just seem a bit messy and I don't read them as Diamondbacks or Arizona when they are on the jerseys.

Agreed 100% on this maybe just one snake on the word mark but two makes it look way to busy. I do like the use of the snake letter A a lot it just seems a little awkward at the tip of the A (Im not sure if a snake can actually bend that way) I think if the A was a lower case like this (a) the snake would look much more natural looking like the big loop the D logo gives. Also I love the pants striping!

3535rx3.jpg

those Arizona jerseys are too, for lack of a better word, snaky. Tone it back a bit i do like the direction you are taking but i think you need to decide whether to put them on the arms or in the wordmark but just not both

Arizona: Oh, boy. Those scripts just don't work; it took me forever to realize that 'RIZON' = Arizona. And I'm really not sure how sedona red over bright powder blue would look on TV or in person. But it wouldn't be good.

Yikes, 5/10, although there are some aspects of this concept that I love, such as the snakes on the arms, pant design, and some of the jersey designs. It shows that this took a while to do; designing logos on Paint, the pants and jerseys, definitely a hard worked concept; the opposite of half-assed.

Unfortunately, you may actually have to take another hour or so to clean up each concept. It's hard to appreciate right now with it's sloppiness, and would be much more easy to critique and take seriously if you spent a little more time than already being used on final presentation. I know it's dull and frustrating work, but you gotta do what you gotta due.

Keep at it! :)

25yzwqg.png

I would get rid of the light blue on the D-Backs concept, light blue doesn't seem like a good color for a team in Arizona.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Archived