MLB concepts

UnclearInitial

Right now I'm stuck on what to do with the Dbacks to improve them, so I'll leave it there until an idea strikes me. In the meantime, I made a Pirate concept that eliminate the red completely. The primary logo is the current secondary flag logo with a Pirates script with the pole changed to a bat, and the alternates are the flag logo with the bat and no script, and the current alt. The primary uniform isn't a huge change, as it just changes back to a sleeveless and it has the circle logo on the sleeve, and the away being the same except for it saying Pittsburgh and having the alt flag logo. I kept the alt relatively unchanged but I added white to the striping and the brim is now yellow. I realize that a lot of people don't like the yellow black white cap logo, but I personally think it spices up the package a little. The yellow alternate has the new thick pirates script on it, and I think it would be a fun change of pace with the yellow cap and all the yellow. The BP jersey uses the old Pittsburgh script, because I like when teams change the script between the game and BP jersey. It also features a lot of white, and a white cap logo outlined in black and yellow.

5773292086_0847f5ca85_b.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now I'm stuck on what to do with the Dbacks to improve them, so I'll leave it there until an idea strikes me. In the meantime, I made a Pirate concept that eliminate the red completely. The primary logo is the current secondary flag logo with a Pirates script with the pole changed to a bat, and the alternates are the flag logo with the bat and no script, and the current alt. The primary uniform isn't a huge change, as it just changes back to a sleeveless and it has the circle logo on the sleeve, and the away being the same except for it saying Pittsburgh and having the alt flag logo. I kept the alt relatively unchanged but I added white to the striping and the brim is now yellow. I realize that a lot of people don't like the yellow black white cap logo, but I personally think it spices up the package a little. The yellow alternate has the new thick pirates script on it, and I think it would be a fun change of pace with the yellow cap and all the yellow. The BP jersey uses the old Pittsburgh script, because I like when teams change the script between the game and BP jersey. It also features a lot of white, and a white cap logo outlined in black and yellow.

5763472226_29704b12e3_b.jpg

Let me just say: I LOVE THE BUCCOS CONCEPT! It's exactly what I would dream of the Pirates having. I think the yellow mustard sleeveless is great. It's exactly what I've been hoping for over the years. They tried a red ketchup sleeveless so why not a gold mustard sleeveless? Anyways, the vest is much better. Love the patch. Love that there's no red. Love the script on the bp. Love the cap logo for the BP. Just flat out the best Pirates concept on here. 11/10

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I believe that the marlins should use more teal, but black should stay the primary color. So I've base these uniforms on the 1986 Mets, where I liked the uniforms, but it didn't fit the Mets. I gave them to the Marlins because it would allow me to use more teal without using teal pinstripes. The logo is pretty simplistic, and I included 4 cap logos. The BP cap logo only has a marlin, as I think that it looks great by itself.

5773314479_eac9037843_b.jpg

C&C?

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Pittsburgh: I actually love this. Clean, simple; love the vests. For the first time, I can say without a doubt that this concept is an improvement from what they currently wear. 10/10.

Miami: Eh. I don't like the block font, or the sustained inclusion of black. Overall, just kind of mediocre. 6/10.

25yzwqg.png

Slow down, and use a bigger template (or just blow up your existing one). It's hard to tell details on a template this small.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the long delay, but I've spent a long time switching up templates and cleaning up concepts for the past month. I won't blame paint for the concept sloppyness, because I'll admit. I got lazy.

To the concept, I switched the main logo back to the 2002 one. I also switched back to Anaheim Angels, but please let's not have that debate here. For the uniforms script, I reduced the kerning on the Angels script, because I hate how stretched it looks, and to ad consistency with the Anaheim script. i also removed the dropshadow, as I just feel it clutters everything up. The home jersey is pretty much the same except for the belt and the patch. I also have a 'Spanish Heritage night" jersey with Los Angeles on it, which of course has no correlation to the fact that they tried to market to LA. The away says Anaheim and has the A as a sleeve patch. The home alt has an oversized A in tribute to the giant A in their stadium. The away alt is blue. I made the striping consistent in all of their jersey except the bp. The bp jersey have a white script to mix it up. The hat has a halo, because while I think it's a good idea, it doesn't work full time. I also made it thicker, because the old halo didn't really look like it.

5904023678_80ea689123_b.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Sorry for the long delay, but I've spent a long time switching up templates and cleaning up concepts for the past month. I won't blame paint for the concept sloppyness, because I'll admit. I got lazy.

To the concept, I switched the main logo back to the 2002 one. I also switched back to Anaheim Angels, but please let's not have that debate here. For the uniforms script, I reduced the kerning on the Angels script, because I hate how stretched it looks, and to ad consistency with the Anaheim script. i also removed the dropshadow, as I just feel it clutters everything up. The home jersey is pretty much the same except for the belt and the patch. I also have a 'Spanish Heritage night" jersey with Los Angeles on it, which of course has no correlation to the fact that they tried to market to LA. The away says Anaheim and has the A as a sleeve patch. The home alt has an oversized A in tribute to the giant A in their stadium. The away alt is blue. I made the striping consistent in all of their jersey except the bp. The bp jersey have a white script to mix it up. The hat has a halo, because while I think it's a good idea, it doesn't work full time. I also made it thicker, because the old halo didn't really look like it.

5904023678_80ea689123_b.jpg

There was a debate? About what? The Los Angeles Angeles of Anaheim or Anaheim Angels? I don't recall seeing one on this thread about it, but I'll have to search again. I know there is a big debate in the baseball world though.

Not to be nit-picky, but I've noticed a lot "lets not have this or that debate here" where the debate is really a discussion. I guess I consider a debate a largely heated discussion, where a discussion is civil members conversing. Yeah, they can overlap, but this site is definitely one of the tamer ones I've been on.

The Jerseys - I think the changes are too plain. Simple and subtle is good, but I think it's too simple in this case. Not feeling the red as the primary, never have. Always preferred the blue as the primary. Used to go to Angels games when the where the California Angels....OH my, Angels, look a solution, not one of those... :D - but I know all too well their legal issues with the city of Anaheim.

Sorry thinking out loud again. Anyway, the "CA" in red on the Blue Crown, and Red Bill was one of my favorite caps, I still own it. I'll see if I can dig it out and get a picture.

• 3 months later...

I know I'm kind of resurrecting a dead thread here, but i had pretty much all of the concepts finished, and I really didn't want to start a new thread. I expected to post my Blue jays concept shortly after I came back from vacation, but my computer had a virus and school started, so I wasn't able to continue.

Anyway, I don't think the current Blue Jays identity is bad, because the logos are way better than anything they've ever had, new logo included. The color scheme is also very good, but it just needs a lot more blue and less black. About the concept, the primary logo is the same except that it also spells out the full name. The alternate logos are the bird by itself, a new "T-bird" logo, and a modernized version of the classic logo. The cap logo is the same. The home uniforms have double blue striping on the jersey and pants with a blue belt, and blue socks with double black stripes. The bird only logo is on the left sleeve, and the maple leaf is on the right sleeve. The maple leaf is on every jersey except the BP and Canada Day jerseys. The cap is blue with a black brim, except for a retro Saturday (symbolizing the day of the week the Jays won their first Series) cap with a white front panel, blue panels, retro-inspired logo, and black brim. the away uniform has the 2004 Toronto script, with double black trim, black belt, and black socks with blue stripes. The cap is black with a blue brim, and the T-bird logo on the sleeve. The home alt is blue, with the cap logo on the right side and the number on the left, with the T-bird on the sleeve. I know it's weird, but with the bird on the left side it looks as if the bird is attacking the number. The away alt is black with Toronto on it and the bird face on the sleeve. The cap is black with the T-bird logo on it. The BP is blue with graphite and silver side panels and a Blue Jays script. The Canada Day jersey is the normal home jersey, but it has the Canadian flag instead of the maple leaf on the sleeve and the graphite part of the script is red. The cap is the Saturday alt cap, and instead of double stripes there is red in the middle of the stripes, and a red belt instead of a blue one.

6256168244_f29efcdc57_b.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

-The Blue Jay on the baseball needs to be bigger, right now the ball gets more attention than the bird

-The bird coming out of the "T" is a good idea, but as of now, too unbalanced; keep it, just touch it up

-That black alt is for some reason really working with me

-Home alt needs fixing. I would suggest the logo (I'd do the jay on the ball, because after all, it's an alternate jersey, why not use the alternate logo?) on the left breast and the number diagonally opposite

This is actually a pretty good Jays concept; it gets a bad identity (IMO) and does something with it. It just needs a few touch-ups to be sharper. Good job

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

You gotta love the out-of-the-box approach to all of these concepts. You can tell that he worked hard on each and every one of these. Now for the concept. I don't like the fonts, but I'm glad you brought back the right "Toronto" script that matches the home jersey. I like the colors. Black and blue can look good if done right. I think the striping pattern on the socks looks great. I've never seen that before other than the Cardinals. It looks awesome here. With a little touching up, the "Blue Jays" script you made would also look good.

Overall, this is an upgrade over their current look, but I think we can all agree that their new 2012 look will ultimately fix any of the problems their current look has, to a higher degree. 9/10 Nice job.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

-The Blue Jay on the baseball needs to be bigger, right now the ball gets more attention than the bird

-The bird coming out of the "T" is a good idea, but as of now, too unbalanced; keep it, just touch it up

-That black alt is for some reason really working with me

-Home alt needs fixing. I would suggest the logo (I'd do the jay on the ball, because after all, it's an alternate jersey, why not use the alternate logo?) on the left breast and the number diagonally opposite

This is actually a pretty good Jays concept; it gets a bad identity (IMO) and does something with it. It just needs a few touch-ups to be sharper. Good job

-Going to be changed

-How would you suggest fixing it? Should I make the bird come out of the other side of the T?

- I agree, think the black alt is the best jersey I made.

- I don't think the jay in the ball is a good chest logo (trust me I tried it) and as I said

the blue jay looks like it's attacking the number when put on the left breast.

Thank you for the C&C.

You gotta love the out-of-the-box approach to all of these concepts. You can tell that he worked hard on each and every one of these. Now for the concept. I don't like the fonts, but I'm glad you brought back the right "Toronto" script that matches the home jersey. I like the colors. Black and blue can look good if done right. I think the striping pattern on the socks looks great. I've never seen that before other than the Cardinals. It looks awesome here. With a little touching up, the "Blue Jays" script you made would also look good.

Overall, this is an upgrade over their current look, but I think we can all agree that their new 2012 look will ultimately fix any of the problems their current look has, to a higher degree. 9/10 Nice job.

Are you talking about striped socks in general or that specific pattern? Because the Cardinals don't use that pattern.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived