Tampa Bay Lightning Concept

wloowarrior22

i actually really REALLY like this concept.

i dare say victory stripes and possible black pants/gloves/helmets would make this perfect.

Not working for me. The new logo would be better without the state of Florida and why are there 4 shoulder logos? Not including the victory stripes or pants bolt, bad decision. Striping / sleeves are cool, though.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

maybe i'm crazy, but i think it's obvious that he didn't include 4 shoulder logos. it probably would have been better executed if he cut the logo in half for the illusion of "front and back" but i'm not going to hold that against him on this concept. it's obvious what he was getting at, and i really like the design as a whole.

maybe i'm crazy, but i think it's obvious that he didn't include 4 shoulder logos. it probably would have been better executed if he cut the logo in half for the illusion of "front and back" but i'm not going to hold that against him on this concept. it's obvious what he was getting at, and i really like the design as a whole.

You are probably right, but if the number 91 is split in half on each half of the shoulder, the same should be done for the shoulder logo(s). Presentation is important so we can actually imagine this. Given what we see, we have no reason not to believe that there are 2 logos on each shoulder. Attention to detail is everything on these boards.

As far as the logo, Im not a fan of the state silhoutte. I actually think the newest Lightning logo will grow on us overtime despite its simplicity. On this here, the bolt angles to the left and Florida angles to the right. having two elements going in opposite directions throws off the flow IMO. Besides, the Panthers are named after the state.

ok here is an update, after all I think i worked on that first one for maybe 10 minutes. Here is an update with black. (and for the record, I was just too lazy to split the shoulder logo so I just put it on both, didn't know it would cause such a disturbance)

tampabayupdate2.png

Archived