Arizona Diamondbacks

lancebridwell

I really love the colors... a lot. The only thing that I could take a way from this is the font in the circle logo, and it looks like you just placed the head there- it doesn't really flow I guess is what I'm saying.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

Not really digging the colors, but that's just me. Slap a neck on that snake and you've got a pretty good logo. I think for the diamondback pattern in the circle, you should fill it in with that gold. That might look cool, and it would keep the circle going instead of it breaking off.

Overall, pretty solid concept!

dbacksbannersigs.png

I really like the colors. Especially because you avoided the green which looked awful with the purple in the original logo. However, I would definitely get rid of the circle and have the snake head twice the size and maybe even give it a body that somehow wraps around the script at the bottom.

sport-scarf_reds_zpsbb317600.png

Alright, I'll work on that, but what should I put in place of the snake head?

Keep the snake head, but have its body like "flow" into the circle if that makes sense. So the circle is actually the snakes body.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

this concept stinks to high heaven

What's the point of posting? Maybe you should just get lost.

Oh snap! You got told!

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

dbacksnake.jpg

Tried the snake...what do you think? (rough draft)

I love it, but I don't know how well it works practically. I feel like it might be too long of a name to be written in one row like that. Other than that, looks very badass. Nice work.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

@loogodude, Thanks for the kind words! And yes, if it were to be used, it would be a promotional logo (t-shirts, non-jersey memorbilia).

I'd like to make a jersey, but I'd really like a decent template first, does anyone have one (preferably in .PSD) that I could use?

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

I think simplifying more will definitely help. The "simple" snake design on the last one (without all those strokes on strokes) looks much better. I'd almost try the "interlocking" snake / wordmark (and even the other designs) in just black and white. All the extra colors and strokes on strokes can sometimes confuse you when you're trying to crack a design. Once the design looks right and feels right, then applying color or strokes or what not can be added and subtracted. The snake / wordmark design is probably the most interesting of all those options and for the same reasons, probably the more difficult one to make work. Maybe shrinking the scale of the snake a bit? And as someone above mentioned, the snake does come off as "inverted" or like a "negative" in some of the designs, because the shadowed space is the positive and vice versa.

Archived