NHL OFFSEASON - 2011

charger77

So, we can just assume Jake Dowell will be in Sunrise in time for Dale Tallon's big 4th of July BBQ, right?

I actually have a hunch he'll be re-signed, I think the feeling is they can re-sign him for less if they don't qualify him.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a bit of a gambit for a team that has no centers other than Toews and Bolland. McNeill might make the team as a rookie.

The team may ink Johnson on a 1-year cheapy deal, and he'd probably take it to stay in a locker room that loved him. They could always move Sharp to center and shoot Morin :grin: / Stalberg <_< to the first line wing next to Toews/Kane.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm not sure if Morin can make the team out of camp or if he even should. He's going to be a top six player, and the top six is going to be accounted for without him. I might want to keep him in Rockford for a little while until the inevitable Bolland/Hossa injury (or god forbid the Sharp/Toews/Kane injury). Makes for a nice wild card.

I think we got all we're going to get out of Ryan Johnson. Not sure about a 35-year-old who was out of hockey for half of last season, y'know?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm not sure if Morin can make the team out of camp or if he even should. He's going to be a top six player, and the top six is going to be accounted for without him. I might want to keep him in Rockford for a little while until the inevitable Bolland/Hossa injury (or god forbid the Sharp/Toews/Kane injury). Makes for a nice wild card.

I think we got all we're going to get out of Ryan Johnson. Not sure about a 35-year-old who was out of hockey for half of last season, y'know?

On Johnson, I understand he's on fumes, but if they come up empty on July 1st and wind up with next to nothing at C he won't look like such a bad option.

Regarding Morin, I can see where you're coming from, but unless they bring in a big money wing on 7/1 they're going to give him every opportunity to make the team, same with Beach.

twitter

Laich re-signs with Caps, 6 years 27 million.

twitter

Damn, beat me to it!

f5 for the win!

twitter

From what I've read around the interwebzzzz the Caps fans are kind of split on this signing. I could agree that he was given about 1/.5 mill too much, but considering that he would've gotten at least 5 on the open market they should consider it a bargain.

twitter

Laich re-signs with Caps, 6 years 27 million.

Well I'll be damned! I thought he was a goner, but it is great to keep him in the fold for a few more years.

Edit: Via ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, here’s the breakdown of Laich’s contract: $6.5 million next season then $4 million each of the next two years; $4.5 million in 2014-15; and $4 million each of last two seasons.

Edit 2: I believe that the Caps are not done with their off-season moves and will make a significant trade leading up to or at the start of Free Agency.

Florida is a team that has failed so far minimum wage quota for next season. This represents a 48.3 million USD.

"In Chicago I had a beautiful two years, I used to have there. He leaves to me difficult, since Chicago is the Marian Hossa, with which we perfectly understand. Life is so hockey. I believe in Florida endure four years," Tomas Kopecky added.

Life is so hockey.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Florida is a team that has failed so far minimum wage quota for next season. This represents a 48.3 million USD.

"In Chicago I had a beautiful two years, I used to have there. He leaves to me difficult, since Chicago is the Marian Hossa, with which we perfectly understand. Life is so hockey. I believe in Florida endure four years," Tomas Kopecky added.

Life is so hockey.

member title updated!

twitter

The one thing that didn't get jumbled up in the Slovak-to-English translation is that "endure" is the perfect verb to describe Florida Panthers hockey.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Other fun translations from that link:

KHL - Happenings in the second best league of the world.

NHL - All the elite overseas competition

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Canucks are officially shopping ehrhoff.

twitter

Archived