NHL OFFSEASON - 2011

charger77

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW since I don't follow this site

@OfficePools_com

Here's a rumour for you......Philadelphia offerring Stamkos an offer sheet of $10M a year for 10 years......wow that would make things interesting

"Here's a rumour for you" - a rumo(u)r from where? Not sure if a site called OfficePools.com is exactly known for breaking stories.

Normally I don't care what these sites I've never heard of have said, but now SanFilippo (a local Flyers beat writer, for those outside our area) came out with this today:

@AnthonySan37 I'm told that if the Flyers decide to give Stamkos an offer sheet it's for $115 mil over 12 years with a full no-trade.

He later updated it by saying Stamkos can't have a NTC until 2016

That man could rock a Wild Wing jersey like no other.

2002-03+Upper+Deck+Paul+Kariya.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Clb trade for rights to D James Wisniewski. Give up a 7th rounder to montreal.

5th rounder if he actually signs with the Jackets. Get it done, Howson.

I know somebody that knows him quite well. Word is he is all about $$$. He will go to whatever team offers the most, including the KHL.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I saw my share of Wisniewski with the Blackhawks, and then that whole incident with the Ducks. He's a total douchecanoe. He'll be an adequate #4 defenseman somewhere, but he's not really an "I'm glad we have him" guy.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

RealKyper Nick Kypreos

#Leafs #Blackhawks #Sharks all remain interested in #Penguins Talbot. 2M per season over 4 years remains the ball park for his services.

ChrisKuc Chris Kuc

RT @Aportzline: Told Chicago will be hot after Jan Hejda if he reaches free agency. #Blackhawks

TimSassone Tim Sassone

Add these names to Jan Hejda as UFAs who interest #Blackhawks: Mike Rupp and Matt Bradley. Size, size, size.

It's sounding like getting another defensemen and adding to the bottom six are the priorities.

I'm hearing word round the campfire that Ehrhoff says thanks, but no thanks to the Isles.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I don't know where to stand on this.

- I idolized him for during his 9 years in Anaheim, but I've spent the last 8 years despising him.

- He represents some of my best memories of the Mighty Ducks, but he also represents one of my worst.

- Do I lament that his career has gone the way of Eric Lindros with recurring concusions and hip injuries? Or do I say that's what he deserved?

- Dp I say him jumping ship for Colorado in 2003 for a "better shot at a Cup," then never winning that Cup and the Ducks ultimately winning one is his debt served? Or do I continue to hate him for that decision?

As his career closes, there is the part of me that wants to forgive him and say that his debt was served, that what ultimately what happened to him is too bad. There is the part of me that takes joy that he never did much of anything once he left and that he did end up injury-riddled.

Whether I celebrate/lament him or hate him for eternity, I will not doubt that this will be his seminal moment in Mighty Ducks history and I will forever get goosebumps from his clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8up-tkxZ4r8&feature=player_embedded

"OFF THE FLOOR! ON THE BOARD!"

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Florida isn't a bad place to go for someone that wants to take it easy. You get to live in Miami, you're gonna get paid a lot more than you would anywhere else, and there's no pressure to win at all.

And don't forget the end of game confetti.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I wonder if Vancouver can get another 3rd or 4th rounder for Ehrhoff's negotiation rights from Columbus.

What are you talking about? Ehrhoff is Islanders property, Vancouver won't be getting anymore compensation for him than the 4th rounder in next year's draft.

8prlQWA.png

More draft picks for the Islanders, and like the Oilers, sooner or later they have to start blossoming with all these young prospects. At least, hockey fans on Long Island can hope.

Well, the Islanders don't have anymore draft picks then they had yesterday morning. But yes, sooner or later one would figure they would start to make an impact on the team.

8prlQWA.png

I don't know where to stand on this.

- I idolized him for during his 9 years in Anaheim, but I've spent the last 8 years despising him.

- He represents some of my best memories of the Mighty Ducks, but he also represents one of my worst.

- Do I lament that his career has gone the way of Eric Lindros with recurring concusions and hip injuries? Or do I say that's what he deserved?

- Dp I say him jumping ship for Colorado in 2003 for a "better shot at a Cup," then never winning that Cup and the Ducks ultimately winning one is his debt served? Or do I continue to hate him for that decision?

As his career closes, there is the part of me that wants to forgive him and say that his debt was served, that what ultimately what happened to him is too bad. There is the part of me that takes joy that he never did much of anything once he left and that he did end up injury-riddled.

Whether I celebrate/lament him or hate him for eternity, I will not doubt that this will be his seminal moment in Mighty Ducks history and I will forever get goosebumps from his clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8up-tkxZ4r8&feature=player_embedded

"OFF THE FLOOR! ON THE BOARD!"

As ecstatic as I was watching that goal happen live on television, I'm so glad I watched it on CBC. While Gary Thorne preceeds the goal immediately with the ominous "The fans want one", When he says "Off the floor! On the board!", I still consider it one of the lamest calls ever. Awesome goal completely ruined by a dumb commentary.

It still ranks however as probably the number one most nerve-wracking goal I've ever watched because the entire five minutes before that was just non-stop end-to-end-to-end-to-end action. When he scored, it's probably the absolutely loudest I've ever seen a crowd reaction to anything I've ever seen in any playoff game period, even counting when the final seconds tick off and the home team wins the Stanley Cup.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived