Remember the Fresno Monsters?

kiwi_canadian

Anyone remember the kerfuffle this forum caused when the original Fresno Monsters logo was revealed? It was the one that was right out of a video game or something. Anyways, it looks like the team has changed the logo...perhaps it's because we caused a fuss on here? who knows, but here is the new one:

topstory53.gif

For some reason I'm not surprised to find out that they're in the same league as the infamous Port Huron Fighting Falcons.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Upgrade IMO - I like the new look. the old logo was a bit too artsy, too much detail. I am glad this had been updated and not a total overhaul, the orginial concept was good, but flaud.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Actually it's a Slaad from one of the old Dungeons & Dragons book. I can't find the thread either, but most of the pertinent info has now been posted.

Original thread - it starts out being about another team but Fresno gets dropped in about halfway down the first page.

Archived