Oregon Football Championship Volt Pantone?

buster04

Try looking in the 380, 390 range. As far as I can tell, one of those will probably be your closest AI match.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff.馃榿

|| dribbble || Behance||

As far as actual PANTONE庐 values go, it's probably 809, which is one of the PANTONE庐 neon colors. Unfortunately, the swatches for those colors look terrible in illustrator, so you have to modify the CMYK values of the swatch to get it looking even remotely close to neon.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

As far as actual PANTONE庐 values go, it's probably 809, which is one of the PANTONE庐 neon colors. Unfortunately, the swatches for those colors look terrible in illustrator, so you have to modify the CMYK values of the swatch to get it looking even remotely close to neon.

That's probably because Pantone Neon colors cannot be reproduced using CMYK. They're fluorescent inks; no amount of futzing about in CMYK will get you very far.

sRGB gets you close, as will 2 parts 802 (base ink) plus 14 parts 803 (also base ink).

:P

That's probably because Pantone Neon colors cannot be reproduced using CMYK. They're fluorescent inks; no amount of futzing about in CMYK will get you very far.

sRGB gets you close, as will 2 parts 802 (base ink) plus 14 parts 803 (also base ink).

Right. Obviously there are many colors that can not be totally replicated in Illustrator's RGB space, and even less of them that can be replicated in the CMYK space, but it bugs me to no end how inaccurate the default swatches are in Illustrator. All I want is a semi-accurate vision of what I'm working on. I usually have to work in CMYK for production purposes, but you still have to manually alter the RGB values of the neon swatches if that's your working space. It's just the extra work involved to make the swatches even remotely accurate that's the problem. Seems to me, all the swatches should have the sRGB values embedded in them so that they are pre-optimized for on-screen display, but they're not even close.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Right. Obviously there are many colors that can not be totally replicated in Illustrator's RGB space, and even less of them that can be replicated in the CMYK space, but it bugs me to no end how inaccurate the default swatches are in Illustrator. All I want is a semi-accurate vision of what I'm working on. I usually have to work in CMYK for production purposes, but you still have to manually alter the RGB values of the neon swatches if that's your working space. It's just the extra work involved to make the swatches even remotely accurate that's the problem. Seems to me, all the swatches should have the sRGB values embedded in them so that they are pre-optimized for on-screen display, but they're not even close.

You're more than likely using old Pantone swatch libraries I'm guessing. The new versions from www.pantone.com base all spot colors off of CIE-L*ab...much closer.

• 5 months later...

Having done work for Nike, I can tell you with absolute 100% certainty that the official Volt color is Pantone 382

Congratulations! You just out-Pantoned ColorWerx! :notworthy:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12,聽POTD 2/26/17

All the volt-colored items I have are brighter than my 382 swatch, but it's a close enough match, I suppose.

Yeah, you can never match color exactly across all media. You'd think by now that kind of thing would be possible.

Archived