State/Province hockey uniforms

IronChefShark

P.S.: I'm really not kidding about the Racoons here in T.O., there absolutely fearless, They try to chase me out of my back yard the other night, lucky for them I gave up softball a few years ago...

You gotta stand up to them, otherwise you let 'em win!

CC Posters or Racoons?

:unsure:

:D

Good one...

and hope you didn't take offense--it doesn't sound like it...

and ain't the CFL brand of football great--how about them Stamps?

(okay it's just one game)

and to get back on topic--I am looking forward to your next concept Frenchie...

and there are others who have posted occasionally-there are a lot that I would buy if they were real, and I was from there--and that's my highest compliment (Newfoundland is among that group)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw a skunk eating out of a discarded KFC box. a raccoon approached it to get itself something to eat, next thing you know the skunk is frizzing his tail up. Everyone there that night was ready to gasp for air had the worst happened :wacko:

Wow. My backyard was once stunk up by a skunk. It took a few days for the stench to go away.

Frenchie, that's a nice Newfoundland and Labrador jersey. The shoulders are nice. I think that would also work well with Nova Scotia. One small thing, the front should say NL, not NF.

I saw, I came, I left.

I saw a skunk eating out of a discarded KFC box. a raccoon approached it to get itself something to eat, next thing you know the skunk is frizzing his tail up. Everyone there that night was ready to gasp for air had the worst happenedĀ  :wacko:

Wow. My backyard was once stunk up by a skunk. It took a few days for the stench to go away.

Frenchie, that's a nice Newfoundland and Labrador jersey. The shoulders are nice. I think that would also work well with Nova Scotia. One small thing, the front should say NL, not NF.

:oops:

Not getting any luck with my provincial concepts...

First The Nunavut, then this...

I'll fix it, may not be before Wednesday night...

Whre did I get that NF thing, I wonder???

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Don't get too upset Frenchie. I'll bet most Canadians don't know that you have to NL to send a letter there. It's an honest mistake.

I saw, I came, I left.

Don't get too upset Frenchie. I'll bet most Canadians don't know that you have to NL to send a letter there. It's an honest mistake.

Was it eve NF, before we actuall use the full ..and Labrador designation?

@Frenchie_TO

Was it eve NF, before we actuall use the full ..and Labrador designation?

Yes it was. Some time over the past year or so Canada Post made the change.

Good to see I'm not just an ignorant self-centered Frenchie...

Interestingly, Canada Post still refers to North York, York, Scarborough, etc...

@Frenchie_TO

So who says he has to use Canada Post's abbreviations--if a Newfoundland team wanted to use "NF" why can't they?

I mean this is just a concept anyway, maybe they would want to use it...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

So who says he has to use Canada Post's abbreviations--if a Newfoundland team wanted to use "NF" why can't they?

I mean this is just a concept anyway, maybe they would want to use it...

I did say he should do it. Perhaps it was too direct. I should have "suggested" it.

I'm just pointing out a fact. Mail sent to Newfoundland and Labrador is now NL. Before it was NF. I think the rule is that when someone is mailing a letter to Newfoundland and Labrador and writes NF, the letter is returned to sender. Is that right?

The goverment of Newfoundland and Labrador's website still uses NF http://www.gov.nf.ca/

I saw, I came, I left.

The goverment of Newfoundland and Labrador's website still uses NF http://www.gov.nf.ca/

And shouldn't they be the ones setting the abbreviation, not Canada Post?

Hey use NL or NF--they both make sense to me...

I tink we need to close this one before that Horse-playing-card cartoon shows up again.

I guess the point is, there are some set standards in Province/State abbreviations, and nomenclature of cities/town but despite clear guidance from different governing bodies, common use doesn't always follow, and not sure it has to. (ON vs. ONT, PQ-QC, Toronto vs Etobicoke...).

I had all the intentions to use the most current abbreviation, and although I can't understand some inadequacies in their policies (again Toronto's) I consider Canada Post the authority. I did not do my research as I was convinced I had it right. I think we can all imagine a "L" instead of a "F" in the logo, and as a matter of fact, it would be even harder to integrate the L, since the Iceberg would hide the bottom part.

Next stop, BC... how can I screw up that one??? who knows...

@Frenchie_TO

Frenchie, just go with your instincts. I never minded the NF. Sorry, I may have led you the wrong way with the whole NL thing. And Stampman is right, NF is usually the common usage.

I saw, I came, I left.

Frenchie, just go with your instincts. I never minded the NF. Sorry, I may have led you the wrong way with the whole NL thing. And Stampman is right, NF is usually the common usage.

No sweat...

Like I said, I'm the one who usually want to get it right...

@Frenchie_TO

• 2 weeks later...

I tink we need to close this one before that Horse-playing-card cartoon shows up again.

I guess the point is, there are some set standards in Province/State abbreviations, and nomenclature of cities/town but despite clear guidance from different governing bodies, common use doesn't always follow, and not sure it has to. (ON vs. ONT, PQ-QC, Toronto vs Etobicoke...).

I had all the intentions to use the most current abbreviation, and although I can't understand some inadequacies in their policies (again Toronto's) I consider Canada Post the authority. I did not do my research as I was convinced I had it right. I think we can all imagine a "L" instead of a "F" in the logo, and as a matter of fact, it would be even harder to integrate the L, since the Iceberg would hide the bottom part.

It was indirectly asked for, and the controversy seems to have subsided, but I just couldn't help myself...

The cartoon

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

It was indirectly asked for, and the controversy seems to have subsided, but I just couldn't help myself...

The cartoon

You have no clue the laughs I had the first time I saw that cartoon here...

Definitely a classic! Unfortunately, yoo often well deserved.

@Frenchie_TO

• 6 months later...
s_carolina_hockey.gif

Sorry to bump an old thread but in my newbieness I did it at someone's suggestion to search.

There's a lot of great work on here - I especially like the two-tone blue Michigan, Nova Scotia, and Lewis-and-Clark North Dakota unis, but this one for my home state is my favorite.

I've always thought replacing the maple leaf on a Toronto Maple Leafs jersey with the palmetto and crescent would make for a nice, simple, classy look. This proves the point!

I like the set for my current state of Pennsylvania but I wonder if it's even necessary to include the name of the state - it's so associated with the keystone I'd think that makes the statement.

tzch6.jpg

Archived