State/Province hockey uniforms

IronChefShark

GSP exits are 25 cents but if you hita major toll plaaza and there is liek one in each county its 35 cents.

I do like the New Jersey Jersey its simple and classy.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alright, since I figure my first set was pretty boring, and I got a better idea, I did North Dakota again, inspired by our Lewis and Clark special license plates... and yes they are this color, basically.

ND2.gif

ndlogos.gif

The interlocking ND is Notre Dame I know, but the University of North Dakota uses it too as an alternate, and since they are the premier hockey team in ND (and college hockey :P ) I used it to pay homage.

please lemme know what you think, anybody, everybody!

BIGGER IS BETTER

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Team Delaware

delawareHockey.gif

delawareLogo.gif

delawareA.gif

STOP STARING AT MY ROOSTER! (sorry couldnt resist :P )

simple blue and gold for the first state to ratify the constitution. the state bird is of course the blue hen chicken, as its also the mascot of the university of delaware. Ive read up on it and apparently in colonial times the Blue Hen chicken roosters were often fought to entertain soldiers. the soldiers even became known as "fighting blue hens" (what i find ironic is that the breed is actually called "blue hen" , even the roosters. hens should only be the female chickens)

and yes, that logo is rehashed from another concept I did in the past

im just gonna use that avatar because it looks cool B)

Normally I'm not a big fan of the one slanted line--but for Maryland it works very well, must be because of that crazy state flag...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

alright, since I figure my first set was pretty boring, and I got a better idea, I did North Dakota again, inspired by our Lewis and Clark special license plates... and yes they are this color, basically.

ND2.gif

ndlogos.gif

The interlocking ND is Notre Dame I know, but the University of North Dakota uses it too as an alternate, and since they are the premier hockey team in ND (and college hockey :P ) I used it to pay homage.

please lemme know what you think, anybody, everybody!

BIGGER IS BETTER

any response? no? none? okay...

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

That's cool Josh... didn't see it before.

I love the subtle shadow on the numbers. Makes them almost look embossed.

And to paraphrase Mugatu, "that light blue and gold, they're so hot right now."

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

That's cool Josh... didn't see it before.

I love the subtle shadow on the numbers. Makes them almost look embossed.

And to paraphrase Mugatu, "that light blue and gold, they're so hot right now."

thanks sy, but its orange not gold.. I got it form these...

Lewis and Clark plates

I like these and I dont... I dont like the LC on the side, it looks like a handicapped symbol from a distance, but I like the colors.

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Quick thought, ICS: Maybe on the Delaware jersey/sweater, could you put diamonds around the hip striping a la the 1980 Soviet Union ice hockey team. Why? Because Delaware's other nickname is "The Diamond State."

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

since when is delaware the diamond state? oh well. i've only ever heard "first state"

but anyway, i LOVE the maryland jersey. As a person who has straddled MD and VA my whole life (with a 5 year break in texas) i take extra pride in seeing my second home state with such a great design. (i hope no one claims i'm not a "real marylander" like i wasnt a real texan :rolleyes: )

FYI, MD is the best state flag, hands down, the only ones that are even close are texas and new mexico

Azzuri.gif

Quick thought, ICS: Maybe on the Delaware jersey/sweater, could you put diamonds around the hip striping a la the 1980 Soviet Union ice hockey team. Why? Because Delaware's other nickname is "The Diamond State."

now Craven, you know better then to give me suggestions

besides, I allready did that idea for Arkansas

Texas now has a new crest (page 15 of the thread)

There is no page 15 yet. It's on page 10.

It's all in how many posts per page you see. From my perspective, we're up to 19 pages already, and Texas is indeed on #15.

I agree with quad, although I respect ICS' decision not to change anything. I just think that crest is too cool to be any smaller than normal jersey size.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

believe it or not, i took my FIRST look into this thread today, and all i can really say is wow. Shark, the work youve done in this thread alone is amazing stuff, really. after reading it in its entirity ive come to greater respect you as a designer, and youve got the be one of the most original thinkers ive ever seen on these boards. FANTASTIC WORK! :D

Texas now has a new crest (page 15 of the thread)

There is no page 15 yet. It's on page 10.

It's all in how many posts per page you see. From my perspective, we're up to 19 pages already, and Texas is indeed on #15.

I agree with quad, although I respect ICS' decision not to change anything. I just think that crest is too cool to be any smaller than normal jersey size.

As you all figured out by now.. I ALWAYS have an opinion...

And I'll say: Keep the Logo Bigger! 'cos we all know that in Texas, everything IS bigger!

And anybody that does not recognize this logo as being Texas, probably doesn't know how to read anyway...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived