State/Province hockey uniforms

IronChefShark

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I originally wasnt gonna do this one out of protest, but then it wouldnt be a complete set now would it?

Team Texas

texasHockey.gif

the crest in higher res

texasLogo.gif

and avatar TX.gif

I went simple here, as I thought it was the best way to go. the flag of Texas is one of the more recognizeable state flags in the USA so I felt it was mandatory to make my crest some sort of version of it. I used silver on the logos to give them more 'pop' so to say, but silver doesnt appear anywhere else on the uniforms. the map of Texas is also a noted symbol so I put that on the shoulders (its obvious where I got that image from, I know)

I originally wasnt gonna do this one out of protest, but then it wouldnt be a complete set now would it?

Team Texas

texasHockey.gif

the crest in higher res

texasLogo.gif

and avatar texasA.gif

I went simple here, as I thought it was the best way to go. the flag of Texas is one of the more recognizeable state flags in the USA so I felt it was mandatory to make my crest some sort of version of it. I used silver on the logos to give them more 'pop' so to say, but silver doesnt appear anywhere else on the uniforms. the map of Texas is also a noted symbol so I put that on the shoulders (its obvious where I got that image from, I know)

What would you have been protesting?

Anyway, I'm not feeling this one. The jersey is fine, but the slanted crest just doesn't work for some reason.

Texas jerseys are nice, but may look beter with alt. logo (state outline w/ star) as crest, and flag as shoulder / alt. logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Team Ohio (my take)

ohioHockey.gif

the crest in high res

ohioLogo.gif

the avatar OH.gif

as you could tell, this one has a patriotic theme. if you count the number of stars at the hem front and back, the sleeves, and the star that dots the I on the crest, it adds up to 17, just like the state flag

the script part of the logo isnt my original idea. its the actual script the state of Ohio uses on the license plates and even the state website.

IronChefShark awesome work throughout! This thread has been alive forever! and its not just your postings so excellent work all around!

I always liked the Ohio Flag. Sure, looks like texas, the us, a ton of other countries, but its a Pennent! gotta love it!

Team Ohio (my take)

ohioHockey.gif

the crest in high res

ohioLogo.gif

the avatar ohioA.gif

as you could tell, this one has a patriotic theme. if you count the number of stars at the hem front and back, the sleeves, and the star that dots the I on the crest, it adds up to 17, just like the state flag

the script part of the logo isnt my original idea. its the actual script the state of Ohio uses on the license plates and even the state website.

Love It!!!

Here a great example that using EXISTING elements work, don't need to create a whole new wordmark, it exists, and you purpose is to convey that style that people know!

Nothing wrong with that...

Keep up the great work!!!

(man gotta get off my A$$ and finish all the provinces I've been promising...)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Team Ohio (my take)

ohioHockey.gif

the crest in high res

ohioLogo.gif

the avatar ohioA.gif

Looks nice...

I used the same Ohio script. Thought it tied in well with Ohio tourism/advertising.

2.jpg

I'm glad you posted it...I've been waiting for your take on Ohio since I did mine.

Team Pennsylvania (my take)

pennsylvaniaHockey.gif

pennsylvaniaLogo.gif

PA.gif

I chose to make this one simple. you could tell its sort of a hybrid of the flyers cut and the mid 90s penguins cut. I kept the crest simple as well. As most of you can tell, I like to mix up my multi-concept projects by making some simple and conservative in design while I take chances and experiment with other concepts.

-------

Team Mississippi

mississippiHockey.gif

mississippiLogo.gif

MS.gif

seeing as how the state flag was potentially controversial, I left it off

I didnt want to orginally make the magnolia the crest, seeing as how ive allready done the flower thing for another state (Hawaii and the hibiscus) but I was running out of ideas. that being said, this logo isnt original in design just reworked and recolored by me. both the magnolia and the script come from the state license plate

Team Maine (my take)

maineHockey.gif

maineLogo.gif

ME.gif

my explanation for the crest: sure it does bear some resemblance to a guitar. I patterned the shield somewhat after the shield thats on the state coat of arms. also the wordmark is supposed to be set on a ribbon similar to whats on the state coat of arms, but then I realized that it looked like the bottom of an anchor. so therefore I added the "eye" of the anchor to the top of the shield to give it the look of an anchor, although it really isnt supposed to be one

the "green" you see here is supposed to be Seattle Mariners teal. The jerseys came out looking a lot like the original canucks jerseys.

Here's a work in progress---I'll try to get the rest soon, amybe try it on a different template--

The Northwest Territories-

NWT.jpg

(Yes it's based on the Wings--but I think it works...)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived