State/Province hockey uniforms

IronChefShark

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ICS putting all of your concepts on the same website is a good idea, although the Iowa link does not work. I really like them. I'm very envious of your work. I'm having a hard time figuring out which one is my favourite.

fixed it

and FYI to everyone, yes I did say this was a forum wide project, that hasnt changed. I just wanted to put the concepts I did in one central location.

by all means, continue to make them if you want

ok....I could get grilled for posting this one..... :unsure:

Team Wisconsin

wisconsinHockey.gif

the crest in higher res

wisconsinLogo.gif

I know, its a logo I had allready made that I just refurbished. So I took a shortcut, sue me why dont ya

now before you Wisconsinites sound off because I used that certain food product your state is known for, take solice in this:

I seriously thought about putting a "cow spot" pattern at the hem of the jerseys. But I thought better of it and decided to roll with this instead. I thought the cow spots would have been too stereotypical. I really dont feel what Ive done here is too stereotypical, because that is by no means the goal of this project. Im just going on what I feel represents the state well. Sometimes you nail it on the head, other times, well to quote the voice of the Wisconsin summer Bob Uecker: its juuuuuuusssst a bit outside.

Team Wisconsin

I don't grilled is what you're looking for ..... it's creamed. Or Creamer....

Anyways, keep it coming Shark!

I saw, I came, I left.

now before you Wisconsinites sound off because I used that certain food product your state is known for, take solice in this:

I seriously thought about putting a "cow spot" pattern at the hem of the jerseys. But I thought better of it and decided to roll with this instead. I thought the cow spots would have been too stereotypical. I really dont feel what Ive done here is too stereotypical, because that is by no means the goal of this project. Im just going on what I feel represents the state well. Sometimes you nail it on the head, other times, well to quote the voice of the Wisconsin summer Bob Uecker: its juuuuuuusssst a bit outside.

Well take solice in this. Cow-spots AND cheese would've sucked and blown, but now it just sucks. :D

But sterotypical gripes aside, it's inaccurate since your homestate is actually the largest cheese producer and has been for the past decade. It also alienates the southern part of the state since most (if not all) of the cheese is produced up north. And sh**... those jerks have ruined our state's image enough as it is.

At least with mine focusing on the beerkeg is somewhat inclusive since it's not uncommon to find 3 taverns in a town of 500 in Wisconsin. So even if Milwaukee is the only city known for actually producing beer, it's used in excess all over the badger state.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

But sterotypical gripes aside, it's inaccurate since your homestate is actually the largest cheese producer and has been for the past decade.

I know, I see the "great cheese comes from happy cows. happy cows come from california" commercials all the time

also on just about every freeway there is a "Real California Cheese" billboard somewhere

still though, its not etched into the culture of our state like it is in yours, inaccurate as it may be. also, the cheese thing is sort of a running gag on this board. the longer tenured members know what Im talking about.

I wanted to put one of those red and white barns on there, but I allready stuck that idea to Iowa

FYI, I'm an idiot - just re-read the original post and totally overlooked the numbering "rule".

I'm too lazy to change them too...

:)

ah no biggie. we had I dont know how many people go against that rule as is.

besides, Im picking up the slack in that category

But sterotypical gripes aside, it's inaccurate since your homestate is actually the largest cheese producer and has been for the past decade.

I know, I see the "great cheese comes from happy cows. happy cows come from california" commercials all the time

also on just about every freeway there is a "Real California Cheese" billboard somewhere

still though, its not etched into the culture of our state like it is in yours, inaccurate as it may be. also, the cheese thing is sort of a running gag on this board. the longer tenured members know what Im talking about.

I wanted to put one of those red and white barns on there, but I allready stuck that idea to Iowa

I don't care if that is how a few simple minded individuals view Wisconsin. Putting a block of cheese on the Wisconsin jersey is no less stereotypical than California's crest being a picture of the LAPD beating Rodney King or some yuppie eating caviar in front of the Hollywood sign.

But that doesn't go on in the bay area you say? Welcome to my world.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Putting a block of cheese on the Wisconsin jersey is no less stereotypical than California's crest being a picture of the LAPD beating Rodney King or some yuppie eating caviar in front of the Hollywood sign.

hmmm......I think I have my alternate jersey idea :P

ah no biggie. we had I dont know how many people go against that rule as is.

Guilty as charged... at least of not reading the RULES carefully.

So far I did use the proper code of arms/symbols, but don't think my Canadian History knowledge is up to speed on the order in which the provinces/territory joine the confederation. (wasn't there a bunch of them at the same time anyway?0

Hope you guys appreciate my creativity anyway...

Get ready for my "Homeland": Quebec... should be up before tomorrow morning...

(Damn full-tme job is getting in the way...)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Team Wisconsin

I don't grilled is what you're looking for ..... it's creamed. Or Creamer....

Anyways, keep it coming Shark!

Actually, I'm a big fan of grilled cheese.

Make that "was." I'm on Atkins.

And ICS, you should consider permitting a certain IHL champion to make use of your Alaska set for next season.

Here's my Arkansas concept,to follow-up my Louisiana concept of last week.I'm only going to do the states I've lived in,so Texas and Mississippi will be next.Who

better to do an Arkansas concept than the board's resident Arkansan?Enjoy!!

TEAM ARKANSAS:

team_Arkansas.jpg

98Falcons.png

So far I did use the proper code of arms/symbols,

For those of you who are looking for inspiration, car license plates are always good for those states you're not familiar with...

I didnt though, at least on some of them. to me most of the US state flags look a little too homogenized (meaning theyre basically just a plain blue flag with the state name and/or seal slapped on it) so therefore I wasnt too concerned about putting the actual official symbols on the unis. I wanted to give each state an individual identity and sticking to the confines of what the state flags and seals looked like would have prevented me from doing so to some extent

as far as license plates go, Ive been doing it all this time. Where do you think my wheat idea for the Kansas concept and reddish orange gradient on the Nebraska crest came from? :P

Damn IronChefShark! You're simply amazing. I still don't know how you came up with the individual logos for each state. Simply amazing!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

as far as license plates go, Ive been doing it all this time. Where do you think my wheat idea for the Kansas concept and reddish orange gradient on the Nebraska crest came from? 

Great minds think alike?

I only wished I was in the same "sport" as you, let alone the same "league"... :notworthy:

One more time, I'll tease you by announcing a new unique design for Quebec should be ready before the break of dawn...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived