State/Province hockey uniforms

IronChefShark

Jeebus. People named a state after that thing? Too bad...if I got the opportunity to rename North Dakota, it WOULDN'T be after a non-bad-ass squirrell.

its just the state nickname, its cuz back in the day, they were ALLLLL OVER THE PRARIE. big time

If my history is accurate, before the University of North Dakota became the Fighting Sioux they were the Flickertails. They inexplicably had pink to use as a school color then, too.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jeebus. People named a state after that thing? Too bad...if I got the opportunity to rename North Dakota, it WOULDN'T be after a non-bad-ass squirrell.

its just the state nickname, its cuz back in the day, they were ALLLLL OVER THE PRARIE. big time

If my history is accurate, before the University of North Dakota became the Fighting Sioux they were the Flickertails. They inexplicably had pink to use as a school color then, too.

yes they did, their official colors were green, pink and white, for the state flower, the prarie rose. They still could be the 'official' colors, but green, black and white is used for everything these days. and in the 90's when the U was forced out of using the Chicago Blackhawks style logo due to PC crap, they had no logo, and was almost force out of the name Fighting Sioux, and some people were considering the Fightning FLickertails again :wacko:

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Like the colour combo for Maine.

Would probably darken the navy a little, but I'm a big fan of periwinkle...

Just make sure you never have to wear these at MSG.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I like the Maine set. The only thing i don't care for is the way the crest looks on the blue jerseys. Having a mainly blue crest on the same colored jersey is a bit too much blue for me. It looks fine on the White jersey. If it were a white crest on blue jersey i'd like it more. that's my two cents.

Alright,

After seeing all these wicked concepts, I'm a little nervous to see what you guys think of my version of Ontario (my new home...).

I have been trying to play with different type of striping, get away from the traditional Hockey shirt...

Anyone can guess what my inspiration was for this one?

OntarioHome.GIF

OntarioAway.GIF

OntarioAlternate.GIF

Now Quebec and Nunavut will be next...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived