State/Province hockey uniforms

IronChefShark

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Illinois calls itself land of Lincoln often some one is born in one place then moves to another when they are real young. I was born in Montana but lived in New Jersey since I was like 8 months old.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Illinois calls itself land of Lincoln often some one is born in one place then moves to another when they are real young. I was born in Montana but lived in New Jersey since I was like 8 months old.

So, that means you could have been MTTank? :D

Had you live in California, we could be calling CATank? :D

OK I'll stop now...

I saw, I came, I left.

Did anyone know that Lincoln was born in KENTUCKY?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/al16.html

Then I guess I'm from South Jersey even though I haven't been there since I was 6 months old.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

this time I have two: argubly the two states in the USA that have the most hockey tradition

Team Minnesota

minnesotaHockey.gif

the crest in higher res

minnesotaLogo.gif

and the avatar MN.gif

I felt I had to use green because its the color most often associated with high level ice hockey in Minnesota. the logo was the most challenging part of this, as I did my best to come up with something unique, but it ended up looking like a logo that someone else here posted before. Cant remember who it was, but I did my best to differentiate mine from that person's logo.

---------

Team Michigan

michiganHockey.gif

the crest in higher res

michiganLogo.gif

and the avatar MI.gif

I went with tigers orange and lions blue, as those are reminiscent of the colors present on the Michigan license plates. I originally intended to use the red wings template but it was too plain looking. the shield shaped crest comes from the coat of arms, as does the image of an elk.

I felt I accomplished what I wanted to with these sets in that I wanted them to look traditional but by no means boring

I seldom like the combination of blue & orange---but those Michigan jerseys really work well on colour, striping, and general design levels--they're kind of understated...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

this time I have two: argubly the two states in the USA that have the most hockey tradition

Team Michigan

michiganHockey.gif

I went with tigers orange and lions blue, as those are reminiscent of the colors present on the Michigan license plates. I originally intended to use the red wings template but it was too plain looking. the shield shaped crest comes from the coat of arms, as does the image of an elk.

I felt I accomplished what I wanted to with these sets in that I wanted them to look traditional but by no means boring

I love the pattern of the sleeves, especially on the blue one, it's interesting to see white wrists.

This is what I mean when I say creative patterns.

Keep it up...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

minnesotaLogo.gif

"Someone turn off the water before Minnesota is completely flooded!"

I don't think ICS will like that.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

"Someone turn off the water before Minnesota is completely flooded!"

I don't think ICS will like that.

I don't think you're giving him enough credit.

The Minnesota logo does remind me of Mockba's, but it has some cool distinguishing elements that I like as well. Michigan's nice too!

Now, the Manitoba concept... the bison head looks very squished horizontally. I always thought an update of the old U of M logo would work great for Team Manitoba. I can't find an image anywhere, but it was an M with horns that was designed to look like a Bison head or skull.

...and Manitoba's colours have got to be black, white, and gold... I hate brown, especially when mixed with black and yellow, it just doesn't show up or look good, case in point the Bruins alternate crest.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I have to agree with SyPhi, colours here don't work for me...

I would maybe replace the Brown with a Bronze-like colour, let's say Capitals bronze...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Now, the Manitoba concept... the bison head looks very squished horizontally. I always thought an update of the old U of M logo would work great for Team Manitoba. I can't find an image anywhere, but it was an M with horns that was designed to look like a Bison head or skull.

that logo is wicked! ive seen it on a friend's hat once.

Archived