State/Province hockey uniforms

IronChefShark

Any word on how many states you've completed? I just went through the whole thread, and these are looking really good, but i didnt think to count. Just curious how many you've got left.

[warning: the following is not a request, simply a statement] I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with West Virginia.

Good job, S

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(Yes it's based on the Wings--but I think it works...)

.....with logo from the Univ. of Alaska-Fairbanks, right?

uaf.gif

It's a bear silhouette as well, but look closely and you'll see obvious differences. Look at the legs, the position of the head. This is no copy.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

uaf.gif

It's a bear silhouette as well, but look closely and you'll see obvious differences. Look at the legs, the position of the head. This is no copy.

How about Klondike ice cream?

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

uaf.gif

How about Klondike ice cream?

Well other concepts have used state symbols--so I used an NWT symbol--while i didn't get it from here--you can see it here-

NWT

and what did you think--I am working on making the uni a bit different--but as I said at first--this is a work in progress...all comments welcomed...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Yep, I like it...

I'm a big proponent of SIMPLE... and it does work here.

So, is it just you and me going across the Great White North?

Expect Nunavut and Yukon very soon...

@Frenchie_TO

Thanks,

Well I was posting screen shots from my custom Madden league--and the last one I was posting was NWT, and as I looked at it I thought--this would work for the hockey thread too... (I use the polar bear on the helmet for the football one)

I had an idea for New Brunswick--but there was a great one posted earlier--I may do some others--I have idea that while it isn't a province, it is a region of a province, that may as well be it's own province--ooh I said too much...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Alright, here we go, slowly but surely:

NUNAVUT

NunavutFinal.gif

What was menat to be a TRIBUTE to Canadian Natives, turned out to be a French-Man's foot in the mouth...

Nevertheless, I hope Churchill Manitoba forgives me...

@Frenchie_TO

Cheechoo isnt from Nuvanut. Hes from Moose Factory, Ontario.

Yes he is a "first nation" as the idegenous people of Canada are reffered as, but hes not from Nuvanut

Jordan Tootoo of the Preds is however. He also happens to be developing a claude lemieux type of reputation in the league (which can be good or bad, depending on your view of it)

Yes he is a "first nation" as the idegenous people of Canada are reffered as, but hes not from Nuvanut

Jordan Tootoo of the Preds is however. He also happens to be developing a claude lemieux type of reputation in the league (which can be good or bad, depending on your view of it)

T A B A R N ...

L

L

L

L

LLLLL

(That's a Giant LOSER sign)

Of course it was Tooto I was supposed to put here...

Here's a group who'll put a bounty on my head...

As if I didn't like Tootoo enough, the Lemieux comparaison (and I know Claude is not #66, but #32...) seals the deal for me...

@Frenchie_TO

Team New Hampshire

newhampshireHockey.gif

newhampshireLogo.gif

NH.gif

ok, before you guys start your rants, I am well aware that the "Old Man of the Mountain" is no longer standing. I believe it collapsed about a year or so ago. Still though, I cant think of any one landmark or symbol that is associated with NH then the Old Man of the Mountain. Also, from what i saw on the state website, it is still seen as a state symbol despite its demise. So therefore, I went with it.

I chose purple because it seemed to tie in with the state bird (purple finch) and state flower (purple lilac).

expect Vermont from me later tonight

I was planning to post Yukon tonight, but I'm afraid I'll get another lesson in Northern-Canadian history by everybody's favourite North-Californian...

:down:

@Frenchie_TO

Frenchie--nice work, especially Nunavut--although I might tone down the blue--still it fits the flag...

On Yukon I like how you've used their wordmark (which is an actual Yukon Wordmark)

I'd have liked to see the blue & green more prominent than the gold--but the gold is certainly fitting--so overall nice work, good stuff, and tie downs seem to fit Yukon's style...

Shark, solid as always--Vermont's looks a bit plain--but it works --and really since My NWT was plain too-I guess I can't complain-and the striping while not exact is similar--this is not an accusation--just saying I like it...

But I really like New Hampshire--I liked wearing purple or if I was from there, and this was a real jersey--I'd buy it.

I'd also buy the Yukon & Nunavut ones too...

Frenchie--nice work, especially Nunavut--although I might tone down the blue--still it fits the flag...

On Yukon I like how you've used their wordmark (which is an actual Yukon Wordmark)

I'd have liked to see the blue & green more prominent than the gold--but the gold is certainly fitting--so overall nice work, good stuff, and tie downs seem to fit Yukon's style...

Shark, solid as always--Vermont's looks a bit plain--but it works --and really since My NWT was plain too-I guess I can't complain-and the striping while not exact is similar--this is not an accusation--just saying I like it...

But I really like New Hampshire--I liked wearing purple or if I was from there, and this was a real jersey--I'd buy it.

I'd also buy the Yukon & Nunavut ones too...

Thanks man!

I considered many permutations on the Yukon colours and the contrast with gree/blue and Gold was a little rough on the eye, that's why I went for the white separation.

I also considered different tone of blue and green but the green became the Dallas Stars and the Blue the Washington Capitals.

To "uniqueness"... Cheers!

@Frenchie_TO

Team Massachusetts

massachusettsHockey.gif

massachusettsLogo.gif

MA.gif

for another state thats rich in hockey tradition, I felt that simple worked best both logowise and jerseywise. I probably could have put a lace up collar on it, but I decided to go with the standard three striped collar. Its obvious that the jersey cut is inspired by the Bruins jerseys

And here I was going to say I really like the Massachusetts crest--

Okay I will--

the silhouette works in conveying the idea without being distracting...

Archived