State/Province hockey uniforms

IronChefShark

while I was browsing my international concepts I got to thinking,

if there are national team representing the USA and Canada, what if each individual state in the US and province in Canada had its own "state/province team"?

with that in mind, I propose this. In national team fashion, make a uniform set for any of the 50 states in the United States, or any of the provinces and territories of Canada. choose any color combo you wish, and make up your own crest logo. the back should read a state/provincial motto or saying where the players name usually goes, and the number should be the order in which the state was admitted into the union. on the shoulders should be some sort of official symbol such as a state/provincal seal, flag, or coat of arms, what have you

you could say that real life examples of this were the uniforms of the old Colorado Rockies hockey club and of course, the Quebec Nordiques uniforms

make as many as you like, for any state/province you like. if we get more then one concept of the same state/province, BFD. this is all for fun anyways ^_^

Ill go first. here are Team California and Team Nevada

californiaHockey.gif

nevadaHockey.gif

since Im especially proud of it, here is a higher res image of the crest I made for Nevada

nevadaLogo.gif

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Very well done.

I like the California unis better, but the Nevada logo rocks. Great job.

I'm thinking of maybe doing a diagonal Rangers' style "Saskatchewan" jersey...

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Wow! Very well done.

I like the California unis better, but the Nevada logo rocks. Great job.

I'm thinking of maybe doing a diagonal Rangers' style "Saskatchewan" jersey...

how dare you try to connect our province with that team...lol... wait i played for a team called the rangers... lol... yeah im thinking of sask ideas too...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Nice unis for California--I knew Gmac was already here and plotting Saskatchewan...maybe I'll try one or two...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Cool Project. I am not going to call Dibs on anything, because MS Paint and I cannot live up to the standards.

Love the Nevada jersey and it just occured to me why you used the uniform numbers you did--nice work.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'll do my homestate of Wisconsin, and if I have time, the other three states I've lived in: Georgia, Iowa and Illinois.

Though I'm not necessarily "callin'" 'em... I'd like to see other people's takes.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Pennsylvania, the Keystone State:

pittunited_pennsylvania_hockey.jpg

As a Pennsylvania resident, I am wholeheartedly in support of this concept. It's quite clever how the keystone design was integrated into the body of the uniform. Now, if we can only find a place to put www.state.pa.us on the uniforms, the same way the website unceremoniously bumped off KEYSTONE STATE, then we'd have something on our hands.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Here is mine from my original home state. I have no artisitic ability. I even had to use MS ClipArt for the flake.

http://www.angelfire.com/ct3/onwis97/images/MinnState.gif

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Hey, pittunited, you rock! Cool looking Pennsylvania jersey there, to say the least! If anybody gets Jersey, make sure you put some toxic sludge or mafiaosa stuff in there! :lol: j/k!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

This was surprisingly hard for me to do since IMO, this is the perfect Wisconsin jersey:

CS-Jer-019.jpg

Anyway, here's Team Wisconsin:

team_wisc_sm.gif

I purposely only used imagery that would exclude the northern part of the state since they did us like that with the state quarter and tried to do it with our liscence plates. Besides, with hockey in Wisconsin, there's only one pro team and one D1 college program in the state and they ain't up north.

And yes those are beerkegs on the shoulders... c'mon, tell me this jersey wouldn't sell just because of that.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Archived