State/Province hockey uniforms

IronChefShark

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious in regards to the Alabama colors. Are those colors (the Red and Tan) part of the Alabama license plate? The reason I ask is because the colors look an awful lot like the USFL's Birmingham Stallions. And, since they used completely bizarre custom mixes for their official colors, I was wondering if there were actual Pantones that matched what you used.

Team Virginia (my take)

virginiaHockey.gif

virginiaLogo.gif

its a Pittsburgh Penguins cut, obviously. the crest stumped me for the longest time so I decided to go sort of a "soccer badge" type logo. the flowers on there are suggestive of the flowering dogwood, which is both the state flower and state tree of Virginia

the avatar is on the avatar thread

and yes, I do have ideas for logos and a color scheme for West Virginia

What is that Old Dominion font?

You said you were doing those 13 neighbour places up north before...........

Team Pennsylvania (my take)

(Penn images)

I chose to make this one simple. you could tell its sort of a hybrid of the flyers cut and the mid 90s penguins cut. I kept the crest simple as well. As most of you can tell, I like to mix up my multi-concept projects by making some simple and conservative in design while I take chances and experiment with other concepts.

-------

Team Mississippi

(Miss Images)

seeing as how the state flag was potentially controversial, I left it off

I didnt want to orginally make the magnolia the crest, seeing as how ive allready done the flower thing for another state (Hawaii and the hibiscus) but I was running out of ideas. that being said, this logo isnt original in design just reworked and recolored by me. both the magnolia and the script come from the state license plate

You did a wonderful job for a hockey set for my home state of Mississippi.

You said that you left the flag off due to the controversy, even though it was nearly 2 to 1 to keep the current flag, with the Confederate Banner representing both the Confederacy and the US, over a proposed flag with 20 stars in a blue field (20 stars representing that Mississippi was the 20th state to enter the Union, on December 17, 1817).

I think that the 20 stars could be used as a shoulder patch on the jersey (the stars, not the flag).

The design for the stars was as follows as proposed by former Governor Ronnie Musgrove, who was defeated last year by Haley Barbour:

The star design was a circle of 13 stars representing the 13 colonies. Inside the circle was 6 more stars, representing the 6 groups or nations that ruled Mississippi:

Native Americans, France, Spain, Great Britiain, the Confederate States, and the United States, and inside the six stars was another star, slightly larger, representing Mississippi.

Here is a link to let you see what the proposed 20-star flag would have looked like so you could use the 20 stars in a circle for a shoulder patch:

Link to Netstate (Mississippi Proposed 20-star flag)

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

I'm still brewing a few concepts for provinces...

BC, Newfoundland have been started, but this damn job of mind gets in the way...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

You said you were doing those 13 neighbour places up north before...........

I said I might

I didnt guarantee anything

ICS I suggest you take a rest and let us Canadians do that project

I saw, I came, I left.

making a "suggestion" for me to "rest" means youre baiting me into doing them

I see right through your game. now stop being a schitt disturber :mad:

O.K., I DEMAND you take a rest. :D OK OK I'll stop

But I'm honestly NOT trying to bait you into doing a project for 13 provinces. I mean after devoting your time to do 50 states (including 4 commonwealths as I learned) I really thought that you would like a rest form this type of project. I think everyone on this board really liked your work.

Besides, Frenchie has already done at least a couple of provinces. Which is why I made the statement in the first place.

Look, no one will never try to make you do something you don't want to do. (Unless it's an employer or a parent) Suggest? Maybe. In that case we would get a good smack on our faces.

I saw, I came, I left.

making a "suggestion" for me to "rest" means youre baiting me into doing them

I see right through your game. now stop being a schitt disturber :mad:

ICS: Want me to send my roughs your way?

Collaborations would be cool!!!

I plan to finish them tomorrow night.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

But I'm honestly NOT trying to bait you into doing a project for 13 provinces. I mean after devoting your time to do 50 states (including 4 commonwealths as I learned) I really thought that you would like a rest form this type of project. I think everyone on this board really liked your work.

Besides, Frenchie has already done at least a couple of provinces. Which is why I made the statement in the first place.

Look, no one will never try to make you do something you don't want to do. (Unless it's an employer or a parent) Suggest? Maybe. In that case we would get a good smack on our faces.

but was THIS really necessary??

O.K., I DEMAND you take a rest. :D OK OK I'll stop

that right there shows me all youre doing is acting like a schitt disturber

if you are true to your word you dont carry on with further provocation, enough said <_<

Response: The quote was not necessary, but I wanted to. If I'm acting like schitt disturber, then I'm proud of it. No apologies from me whatsoever. Like my signature says, "I'll make jokes when I want to" END OF DISCUSSION.

Now Frenchie, I forgot how many provinces have done? I'm too lazy to look back. I remember Ontario and Quebec which were quite nice.

I saw, I came, I left.

no....NOT end of discussion

if youre proud of being a schitt disturber thats all I need to know about what kind of person you are

and as far as "making jokes when you want to".....a decent human being would pick and choose the right moments and people with whom to joke with, and if someone is not receptive of jokes the right thing to do is simply BACK OFF.

but you dont seem capable of doing that

I hope youre proud of yourself now, because you have now hijacked this thread for your own petty amusement

Are you for real? Man, the guy wasn't even being a schitt disturber. He says he likes your stuff, and he just suggests that he would love it if you did some Canadian logos because your stuff is incredible. You are an amazing concept designer but a it's a shame how much you over-react to everything.

3JymF.png

Petty amusement? Huh? OK. Look I made one quote and I thought that would be it. The only reason I've been "hijacking" this thread, as you call it, is because you provoked me.

Look I'm really a quiet introverted guy. The jokes I make to my friends are usually tasteful. No racial or sexually discriminated jokes.

Like I said before, I know what it's like to be hurt emotionally, because I was teased at a lot in school. It hurt really bad and they did not back off.

When I make jokes, I know who I'm dealing with and how they react. Because we are for the most part anonymous on this board it's hard to judge emotionw with the exception of emoticons.

I loved the works you have done on your project. We are all envious of your work! :notworthy:

specialk, I only suggested he take a rest and let us Canadians do the provinces

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived