State/Province hockey uniforms

IronChefShark

Rhode Island sort of reminds me of Golligan's Island! Nice work though...

I like Connecticut too...nice whale tie in--but since the state apparently owns the Whalers logo & likeness...

(Not a suggestion--just a thought in my head)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea, I like New York but I don't like the Ranger shield inspiration for the logo. Remember there are 2 other teams in the NHL that play in the state of New York besides the Rangers.

True, but neither the Sabres nor the Islanders matter in New York in terms of hockey. The Rangers are THE New York hockey franchise. The Yankees are THE NY baseball team, the Knicks are THE NY basketball team (once the Nets move to Bklyn, it still won't matter).

Besides... Long Island and Buffalo don't really matter. Personally, NY State is comprised of Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan and the Bronx, and ends at the Cat Skills. Past that is Canada. Staten Island and Long Island, well... they're just floating land masses that are clinging onto NY because they want to be cool. ^_^

So with that said, I think the choice of the Rangers shield is excellent. Besides, the Islanders crest is just a circle in shape and the Sabres, well, kinda tough to do anything with a Buffalo head. Awesome work ICS... I'd wear that NY jersey any day. :notworthy:

:cursing:

Typical New York metro area answer. I know both sides of this a bit, because I am born and raised in Niagara County, but went to college in the most conceited square mile of land in the nation, Bronxville. Yes, everything above about Poughkeepsie is in fact part of New York. Oh, and so I don't get accused of completely highjacking the thread, I might be wrong, but it seems like the perspective of the falls you used would be from the Canadian side.

EDIT: Just so I don't get accused of being negative, the Connecticut and Rhode Island designs are sheer brilliance...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

Yea, I like New York but I don't like the Ranger shield inspiration for the logo. Remember there are 2 other teams in the NHL that play in the state of New York besides the Rangers.

True, but neither the Sabres nor the Islanders matter in New York in terms of hockey. The Rangers are THE New York hockey franchise. The Yankees are THE NY baseball team, the Knicks are THE NY basketball team (once the Nets move to Bklyn, it still won't matter).

Besides... Long Island and Buffalo don't really matter. Personally, NY State is comprised of Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan and the Bronx, and ends at the Cat Skills. Past that is Canada. Staten Island and Long Island, well... they're just floating land masses that are clinging onto NY because they want to be cool. ^_^

So with that said, I think the choice of the Rangers shield is excellent. Besides, the Islanders crest is just a circle in shape and the Sabres, well, kinda tough to do anything with a Buffalo head. Awesome work ICS... I'd wear that NY jersey any day. :notworthy:

The Yankees are THE New York baseball team? I'm sure Queens, Brooklyn and at least half of Manhattan would have something to say about that.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

The Yankees are THE New York baseball team? I'm sure Queens, Brooklyn and at least half of Manhattan would have something to say about that.

Arright. Lemme first apologize if it offended any other NYers here (sorry to ICS, didn't mean to turn this from your concepts to a NY debate). Lemme just cap it off by clearing myself up real quick so I don't look like a complete jerk ^_^ .

I'm from Queens, and I'm a Mets fan... so you know where I'm coming from. What I meant to say is that, sure, the Mets, Sabres, Cyclones, Islanders and eventually the Nets will have their NY fan bases, and that's cool. But when it comes down to it, they're all living in the shadows of the Yankees, Knicks and Rangers - regardless of how good they are or how many fans they get. For example, no matter how good the Clippers or Kings are, the only team that "matters" in California is the Lakers. They are California (more specifically, they are Los Angeles). The Clips will never eclipse the Lakers, regardless of how good they are. It's the same in New York. The Nets will never step out of the shadow of the Knicks, the same with the Isles/Sabres and Mets. The Yankees are a staple of NY, as are the Knicks and Rangers, and therefore, every other team in their respective sport is playing second fiddle.

Having said that, that is the reason why I said the Rangers inspired shield is appropriate to represent the NY hockey club. When you think New York Hockey, you think Rangers. That's all I was trying to say. Now back to praising the concept work and being a big happy family. :D

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Team Delaware

delawareHockey.gif

delawareLogo.gif

DE.gif

STOP STARING AT MY ROOSTER! (sorry couldnt resist :P )

simple blue and gold for the first state to ratify the constitution. the state bird is of course the blue hen chicken, as its also the mascot of the university of delaware. Ive read up on it and apparently in colonial times the Blue Hen chicken roosters were often fought to entertain soldiers. the soldiers even became known as "fighting blue hens" (what i find ironic is that the breed is actually called "blue hen" , even the roosters. hens should only be the female chickens)

and yes, that logo is rehashed from another concept I did in the past

Team New Jersey

newjerseyHockey.gif

newjerseyLogo.gif

newjerseyA.gif

simple green and gold for the garden state. the logo is inspired by the Garden State Parkway highway markers.

hope with this goes over well with the Jerseyites.

I like the classic look of this, but why do I have to deposit $2.50 every time I look at it?

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived