State/Province hockey uniforms

IronChefShark

as far as license plates go, Ive been doing it all this time. Where do you think my wheat idea for the Kansas concept and reddish orange gradient on the Nebraska crest came from? :P

I'm just glad you made Kansas not look FLAT! Only the western part is FLAT. The eastern part of the state is hilly and green.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm just glad you made Kansas not look FLAT! Only the western part is FLAT. The eastern part of the state is hilly and green.

It is? ^_^

When I drove from Denver to Ottawa KS, I had to work hard to not fall asleep at the wheel. Eastern Colorado and pretty much all of Kansas makes for dull driving. Not quite as dull as the Texas and Oklahoma parts of the drive from OKC to Albuquerque, mind you, but pretty close.

The only part that stuck out was a short portion near Manhattan, which seemed rather mountainous in comparison to the rest of the state.

Heck, the rest of the state makes Minnesota look like it's got K2. ;)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

and MilTown, would you believe me if I told you I actually BEEN to Wisconsin?

albiet for just two hours, late at night.....IN KENOSHA!!

I know, probably doesnt count. But I can at least say Ive stepped foot in the state :D

Well a lot of Wisconsin residents will tell you that you haven't been to "real" Wisconsin until you've been past Milwaukee... but they're a bunch of dumb hicks whose opinions shouldn't matter.

But I bet you didn't see any cows while you were in Keno, now did you?

Anyway, here's my reworking of the Wisconsin jerseys:

wisc_hockey_sm.gif

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I hope I didn't build up the suspence too much, but i think I'm finally happy with this one...

Et voici "La Belle Province": Québec!

(I was very tempted to use De Gaulle's name for the nameplate...)

QCAway.GIF

QCHome.GIF

Any comments?

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

ok, I finally got it figured out. I even included a tribute to this state's professional hockey herritage

Team Colorado

coloradoHockey.gif

the crest in high res

coloradoLogo.gif

I admit, the crest did come out looking a lot like the Colorado baseball Rockies logo.

Since the old Colorado hockey Rockies logo utilized imagery from the state flag, I thought it would be a good idea to recolor it and place it on the shoulders.

and I drew the striping inspiration from the uniforms that the quebec nordiques were gonna use before moving to of course, Colorado. So it all ties in

I hope I didn't build up the suspence too much, but i think I'm finally happy with this one...

Any comments?

Wow, this certainly is different. It's crazy, but very cool. I don't quite 'get' the eagle patch, but I the rest of the jersey is amazingly creative. One suggestion would be to flip the sleeve fleurs-de-lis right side up on both jerseys.

Certainly one of the most 'out there' concepts I've ever seen, and yet I actually think it could work. It breaks all the rules, but doesn't fall into the Blues abandoned third trap of being way too far gone.

Outstanding job Frenchie.

...and ICS, although I'm not a big fan of the untrimmed colour switch from torso to sleeve, I think the logos are terrific. You could make a case for a reference to every major Colorado sports franchise outside of the Broncos... and I agree that that old Colorado Rockies hockey logo would be a terrific sleeve patch, if not primary logo, for a team representing the State.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Any comments?

Wow, this certainly is different. It's crazy, but very cool. I don't quite 'get' the eagle patch, but I the rest of the jersey is amazingly creative. One suggestion would be to flip the sleeve fleurs-de-lis right side up on both jerseys.

Certainly one of the most 'out there' concepts I've ever seen, and yet I actually think it could work. It breaks all the rules, but doesn't fall into the Blues abandoned third trap of being way too far gone.

...and ICS, although I'm not a big fan of the untrimmed colour switch from torso to sleeve, I think the logos are terrific. You could make a case for a reference to every major Colorado sports franchise outside of the Broncos... and I agree that that old Colorado Rockies hockey logo would be a terrific sleeve patch, if not primary logo, for a team representing the State.

Thanks a mil.

I have a few more "out there" concepts to post, I just need a few minutes to write up the "briefing".

Actually, the patch is not really an eagle, it's a Snow Owl. Sorry, my limited "resouces" landed me a little short on the resolution of that image.

See link below for details:

Quebec's Emblems

@Frenchie_TO

ICS,

I really like you re-do of Louisiana. I think that it does the state justice, and union, and confidence. (that's a little humour there). BTW, those look like the Brass' jerseys from their lasy two seasons. Oh yeah, and the WI uni and logo is great also.

dodgers-1.png

"Badgers?  We don't need no stinkin' Badgers!"

-Much overused line around here and on a different thread

Seriously, though, ICS, it seems you gave ol' Bucky a whole new attitude.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Any comments?

one more point: I did try the Fleur de Lis both directions, and I can't remember why, after switching back and forth about 5 times, I prefered it this way visually???

NOW I don't anymore...

Qctemplate3a.GIF

@Frenchie_TO

ok, since my first crack at a logo for Wisconsin was deemed to stereotypical, Ive decided to revisit the logo.

so I now give you the new crest for Team Wisconsin (my take on it at least)

wisconsinLogo.gif

I placed it on the same jerseys I had before

Even though I'd prefer a color other than red be used if you're going to use a Badger, I'd cop that on a t-shirt in a minute.

You mind if I make a concept and an avatar out of it?

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Archived