State/Province hockey uniforms

IronChefShark

Hey, ICS, about the Missouri crest: if you replaced the spokes on the paddlewheel with a soccerball, would that be considered the new and improved logo for the St. Louis Steamers indoor soccer team?

StLouisSteamers03a.gif

Current St. Louis Steamers insignia.

ICSMOlogo.gif

Iron Shark's Missouri Hockey Jersey Logo.

Just a thought to chew on.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it dont bother me, and it shouldnt bother anyone else

Gotta love someone who feels strong about his work!

Nevertheless, the logo is a good adaptation, colours I really like (Vancouver Canucks?) as for the stripes, it's reminiscent of the failed NYI fisherman, which I have to admit, I was one of 5 people who actually liked it...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Team Missouri

missouriHockey.gif

the crest logo in detail

missouriLogo.gif

I know the crest overlaps part of the striping, but oh well.

Looks great! And it even has Bernie Federko's jersey number, to boot!

It does bear a resemblence to the Steamers' logo, but hey, a steamboat's a steamboat.

That Arkansas set leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion, but everything else in this thread (I haven't checked in for a while) looks pretty damn spiffy.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

well despite some newbie's unecessary attempt to hijack this thread just to suit his/her/its insincere sense of humor, here is another concept

What insincere sense of humor? I was really putting forth an idea for someone to do. Besides, it is pretty hard for me to do a real design together since I have no computer of my own or even know how to use Photoshop. Besides, you should not even be slicing and dicing me just because I critique, not criticize, your works. I try to put in helpful input to this board, but since you like to use me as a target of your distaste, I guess I can't enjoy using this board as I like to.

P.S., If that quote above my response was not pertaining to me, I apologize to Shark and anyone else who I affected negatively with this response. However, I do not apologize for saying that I hate it when I get dissed for giving input to Shark's concepts.

well despite some newbie's unecessary attempt to hijack this thread just to suit his/her/its insincere sense of humor, here is another concept

What insincere sense of humor? I was really putting forth an idea for someone to do. Besides, it is pretty hard for me to do a real design together since I have no computer of my own or even know how to use Photoshop. Besides, you should not even be slicing and dicing me just because I critique, not criticize, your works. I try to put in helpful input to this board, but since you like to use me as a target of your distaste, I guess I can't enjoy using this board as I like to.

P.S., If that quote above my response was not pertaining to me, I apologize to Shark and anyone else who I affected negatively with this response. However, I do not apologize for saying that I hate it when I get dissed for giving input to Shark's concepts.

I don't think ICS was referring to you.

If anyone knows about insincere humour it's me .... and I'll continue this sense of humour. Why? Because I can!

I saw, I came, I left.

I don't think ICS was referring to you.

If anyone knows about insincere humour it's me .... and I'll continue this sense of humour. Why? Because I can!

Thanks Quad. But, hey, at least I got to vent.

sigh, this thread WILL get back on topic right here, right now or I will have someone close it (dont let that happen because this has been a great project thus far)

now....

I have set up a central website via Angelfire for the concepts Ive done in relation to this project.

Project 50 States Hockey

the uniforms themselves are linked, but I displayed the few enlarged crest logos on the site.

Im not too concerned with layout and bells and whistles and such as far as the website goes. Its more or less a place to view the concepts thats all

the ass has got a point there... :D

:lol: :lol:

ICS putting all of your concepts on the same website is a good idea, although the Iowa link does not work. I really like them. I'm very envious of your work. I'm having a hard time figuring out which one is my favourite.

I saw, I came, I left.

while I was browsing my international concepts I got to thinking,

if there are national team representing the USA and Canada, what if each individual state in the US and province in Canada had its own "state/province team"?

with that in mind, I propose this. In national team fashion, make a uniform set for any of the 50 states in the United States, or any of the provinces and territories of Canada. choose any color combo you wish, and make up your own crest logo. the back should read a state/provincial motto or saying where the players name usually goes, and the number should be the order in which the state was admitted into the union. on the shoulders should be some sort of official symbol such as a state/provincal seal, flag, or coat of arms, what have you

you could say that real life examples of this were the uniforms of the old Colorado Rockies hockey club and of course, the Quebec Nordiques uniforms

make as many as you like, for any state/province you like. if we get more then one concept of the same state/province, BFD. this is all for fun anyways ^_^

I was under the impression that this was a "forum-wide" project...is this the case, or are you going to do all of the concepts yourself?

I think this answers that...

If you have it closed, one of the others here can start their own...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived